Page 17 of 24 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Life Hacks Thread

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    Thanks; what is a LSP?
    Last step protectant, a good wax or sealant. I recommend finish kare fk1000p, collonite 845, or jescar power lock +.

Got a dog? Use doggy poop bags? Getting tired of breaking those chintzy plastic holders and buying new ones?

I was.

Drill a hole for paracord in the lid, take a saw and cut a 1” square in the side...

Et voila...

Name:  7803096D-AB56-4EF4-A417-50E3CD958130.jpg
Views: 759
Size:  35.7 KB

Site Supporter
    I managed to get a pretty nasty 2nd degree burn across my forearm last week, changing out the propane tank on a hot grill.
    (At an AirBnB, so, not familiar with the poorly designed grill.)

Being away from home I just ignored it (kept it clean) and by the time I got home it had scabbed over and I just let it be.
    FF a week and it's healing slowly, thickly scabbed and still painful from the pulling skin/scab.

Yesterday, I remembered we had some SSD cream stowed away in the bathroom cabinet. Applied the cream every few hours through the day and 24 hours later all I have is a healthy-looking pink scar. Scab is gone. Pain is gone.

Good to keep some of this stuff on hand. It works.
    A small tube runs about $10 at WalMart or the local drug store.

SILVADENE Cream 1% (silver sulfadiazine)
    https://www.mayoclinic.org/drugs-sup...n/drg-20068819

Name:  ssd-af-topical-21678_2.JPG
Views: 662
Size:  18.7 KB
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Quote Originally Posted by PearTree View Post
    Also, place a wet microfiber towel on the bugs and let them soak for a few minutes.
    Also great for the motorcycle helmet visor, and the front of the motorcycle. I just take one or two of the scuzzy towels I keep around and lay them over the front f the bike and spray them with the hose. Drink a beer or two while you keep it wet and it makes it a ton easier.

I can neither confirm nor deny that I may, or may not have utilized a hotel washcloth in such a manner. However, if I ever had done so I can assure you that I would have diligently rinsed out the washcloth in the sink, leaving it no worse than if I had used it in the shower, if I had...
    Name:  Helmet.jpg
Views: 640
Size:  63.8 KB

Site Supporter
    Well crap I am a moron. Apparently this is to hold a door OPEN.

Geez I should not be allowed sharp tools.

Ok anybody got a line on a cheap portable lock you can take with you to a hotel or VRBO to keep the door closed?
    I keep two of those in my EDC bag. In hotels I kick them under the door. Not perfect, but they work at keeping the door closed. I use them and recommend them in my Civilian Response to Active Shooter courses. They make the door much harder to open and buy you time. A determined person can get the door open, but that is true of deadbolts and other door securing gadgets.

This is a concept you can test yourself and see if you like it.

pat

Surprised that I didn't think to add this one: Melody Lauer's Holster Hack:

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....highlight=hack

Did it today with my EDC. Still works great, and as comfortable as ever.

Name:  IMG_7509.jpg
Views: 568
Size:  69.2 KB

Name:  IMG_7510.jpg
Views: 553
Size:  43.2 KB

Excuse me...but is that a Glock? I thought you'd moved on from them. I guess it's completely untrue that you can't go home again. (And again, and again, and again.)

There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    Excuse me...but is that a Glock?
    Yep. Never sold my Gen 5 19.

Yep. Never sold my Gen 5 19.
    There's hope for you yet, fella.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

This is a Life Hack "question" actually: Have you guys ever heard of spraying the front bumper of a car with cooking oil before heading into Love Bugs?

I took a drive down to Fort Myers today and the front of the car was literally plastered with the dad gone things. Guy where we had our appointment mentioned this technique to wipe away the bugs (as opposed to washing off the bug guts, which I just spent 15 minute doing)?

Just curious if anyone ever heard this...
    Quote Originally Posted by PearTree View Post
    With a proper LSP you won’t need to put anything special on the front of your car. My car was covered today in love bugs and the majority of them washed off with the hose. A pressure washer comes in handy as well. Also, place a wet microfiber towel on the bugs and let them soak for a few minutes. This will make removal a lot easier.
    Quote Originally Posted by mmc45414 View Post
    Also great for the motorcycle helmet visor, and the front of the motorcycle. I just take one or two of the scuzzy towels I keep around and lay them over the front f the bike and spray them with the hose. Drink a beer or two while you keep it wet and it makes it a ton easier.
    Rich,
    Who has time for all of that? Seriously, grab a couple of dryer sheets, wet them, and wipe the bug juice off like magic.

Seriously. It's amazing.
    "It's surprising how often you start wondering just how featureless a desert some people's inner landscapes must be."
    -Maple Syrup Actual

User Tag List