Page 13 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: Life Hacks Thread

Site Supporter
    I've cut my own for 9 years now. I just buzz cut it with a set of clippers and a #3 guard. I'll cut it myself once every other week and get a proper hair cut every month and a half to two months.

I have thick wavy hair and prefer low maintenance, so I keep it short.

Chris

Site Supporter
    Over the last twenty years I’ve paid for exactly 1 haircut. I use whatever guard I feel like but usually pretty short and keep it all the same length (no high and tights or fades).

My recommendation would be to spend at least 40-60 dollars on clippers (I like whals), that’s midrange but will work fine if you aren’t doing barber type stuff. Rinse them off after use and keep them lubed with mineral oil and they’ll last 4-5 years.

Quote Originally Posted by trailrunner View Post
    Does anybody cut their own hair?.
    I cut mine. After deciding to lose the ponytail ages ago, a lady from church used to cut it. She got busy, I ended up paying for a really bad haircut. It was so bad i fixed it myself, figuring I couldnt make it any worse. It turned out OK. Ive paid to get it cut now and then from a lady that was pretty good, but she moved on....

The lady from church that used to cut it saw me once and asked who cut it, that it looked pretty good. I told her I did. She said the old line about the difference between a bad haircut and a good one is about 2 weeks, to which I replied that it was about 2 weeks ago that I cut it......

I dont buzz it, just try for about 1 1/2" all over and call it done. I went on to real scissors, I only used my SAK to cut my hair when it was in a ponytail.

Id be really happy with one of those haircutters that hooks to the vacuum. it would be perfect for me.
    Last edited by Malamute; 08-20-2019 at 09:23 PM.

#1 from stem to stern.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Heh,... Been using a Wahl Peanut for about the last 25 years. The guards have gotten progressively shorter over the years and I am now down to a #1 (or whatever is the smallest). Same length all over. My wife will trim the edges every couple of weeks or thereabouts (which is probably too long, but whatever). Can't imagine spending the time and money for a barber. And I look fabulous!

Quote Originally Posted by trailrunner View Post
    Does anybody cut their own hair?
    First thought was RAZOR. Yes, shave daily.

Second thought made me think of those old Flowbee system.

Site Supporter
    I can't manage to reach the back of my neck very well. Tried it a few times using two mirrors. Requires a contortionist to get the neck hairline squared off. Easier to pay the cute gal at GreatClips a few bucks to do it for me once a month or so. I buzz the sides at home once a week with the Wahl. The angled L/R guards make that easy.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Gucci gear, Walmart skill Darth_Uno's Avatar
    When you buy a drink at the gas station, don’t set it on the counter. Hold it with a claw grip over the top and hand it to the cashier. This forces them to grab it by the side (like you’d normally hold a bottle). Grosses me out when they palm the top of your drink to scan it.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth_Uno View Post
    When you buy a drink at the gas station, don’t set it on the counter. Hold it with a claw grip over the top and hand it to the cashier. This forces them to grab it by the side (like you’d normally hold a bottle). Grosses me out when they palm the top of your drink to scan it.
    Good idea but who really knows how many people have touched that bottle before you including factory workers, delivery personnel, rodents that live in warehouses, and the stock boy. It would be best to keep a small pack of disinfectant wipes in the car or go bag to thoroughly clean off the bottle before using it
    Last edited by SecondsCount; 08-23-2019 at 01:41 PM.
    -Seconds Count. Misses Don't-

Gucci gear, Walmart skill Darth_Uno's Avatar
    I know. I don’t drink soda. Not for health reasons, I just dont really drink it. But I like Gatorade. I can pretend it’s sterile until I actually see you put your sweaty gross hand right over the whole top.

User Tag List