Page 7 of 24 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Life Hacks Thread

For the reloaders:

Go to PetSmart or similar places and get crushed or ground walnut animal cage bedding.

It is virtually the same product as reloading component outfits package as tumbler media and it is often about 1/3 the price.

Put a cup of water in the microwave when re-heating anything that you don't want dry (pizza, etc).

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by joshw0000 View Post
    Put a cup of water in the microwave when re-heating anything that you don't want dry (pizza, etc).

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
    On a similar note, put a small pan of water in the oven when baking bread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by RolandD View Post
    If you don't smoke, don't start. If you do, you can save hundreds of dollars a year by making your own. A box of tubes is less than $3 for a box of 200. I pay less than $12 for a pound of "pipe" tobacco and will make more than two cartons of cigarettes. Don't waste your money on the handheld cigarette injectors, spend the $30 to $50 on a metal, tabletop, crank operated cigarette machine. My current favorite is the Mikromatic by Top. My last one lasted for three years.

I've been making my own for 15 years now and can crank out a pack in five minutes and cost me about $.80 a pack.

For more info, go to Stuff Your Own
    Just what you need to hack for life...or what's left of it.

Sorry to revive a four month old thread, but I just learned a new "hack" that might be useful to some folks here.

If you have Peltor hearing protecting that does not accept the Peltor gel seal upgrades (according to Peltor), such as the Peltor RangeGuard, and Tactical 100 ear pro, you can still use the gel seals, if you choose.

I have the Peltor RangeGuard ( https://www.amazon.com/RangeGuard-El...tor+rangeguard ), and was given a set of the gel seals ( https://www.amazon.com/3M-Peltor-Cam...78BESWEJHCDG08 ), by a friend who explained the "hack."

The foam seals on the RangeGuard (and Tactial 100) are mounted on rings that are not removable, but the seals are attached to those rings with an adhesive and can be easily (albeit if done slowly/carefully) peeled off. The gel upgrades are mounted on rings that are designed to snap replace both the seals and rings on some of Peltors other earpro for which the gel seals were designed. The rings snap out of those models, unlike the RangeGuard and Tactical 100.

However, the gel seals can also be carefully peeled off their rings, and simply put on the RangeGuard or Tactical 100 earpro, after removing the foam rings.

Makes a noticeable difference in comfort, and more importantly makes a better seal for better noise protection.
    Last edited by DMF13; 05-10-2017 at 12:38 AM.

I was shopping in IKEA the other day and bought a couple of these $2 white 6”x5” trays to use in my range bag:

https://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/20335115/

I’d been looking for something cheap to use as an insert to lighten up the black interior for a while. Plus, they have sloped smooth sides, perfect for dumping in a box of ammo and scooping it out on a range table while reloading mags with a Maglula.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich_Jenkins View Post
    I was shopping in IKEA the other day...
    Is IKEA there posted "No Guns"?
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

Quote Originally Posted by Drang View Post
    Not that I saw.

Quote Originally Posted by Drang View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich_Jenkins View Post
    Not that I saw.
    Only two businesses around here are: Ikea and Buffalo Wild Wings.

My Life Hack: Don't shop where I'm not wanted.
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by RolandD View Post
    Blow your nose in the shower, just before your final rinse. The steam loosens everything up and you save a tree, or a little bit of one, at least.

As gross as this tip is..I'll bet 99% of the readers here have done it. The only thing I'll add is: If you're married/significant other, etc. - make sure the results of your nose blowing don't linger. They tend to get hung up on/in the drain. Don't ask how I know this.

User Tag List