Yesterday and tonight in a forest in the west of Germany

Name:  Hydra.jpg
Views: 517
Size:  46.3 KB Name:  Leben kommt zurück.jpg
Views: 518
Size:  56.0 KB Name:  Orion.jpg
Views: 506
Size:  25.1 KB

Hydra, life starting to come back and a dude with a sword at his belt (Orion).

Site Supporter
    Northern Arizona
    Name:  8A308B0A-632B-429F-96A5-3F98C561D192.jpg
Views: 498
Size:  39.4 KB

Student
    Wonder if there was ever any connection to Rossi revolverronies.

Name:  20200319_124403.jpg
Views: 450
Size:  44.5 KB

Student
    Name:  IMG_20200221_0811596.jpg
Views: 457
Size:  36.4 KB

Far Upper Midwest. Lower Midwest When I Absolutely Have To
    Looks like the answer I get from the wife when I ask where she wants to go for dinner...
    Working diligently to enlarge my group size.

I would love to see some sakura live photos from Japan or somewhere else (cherry blossom). Here's the soundtrack for it.

PS:
    This music has some positive power to it. Like life when it's coming back in spring into nature.
    Last edited by P30; 03-22-2020 at 12:24 PM.

Went out and tried to catch a great view of spring. Literally found it in a neighbour's garden:

Name:  Magnolie verkleinert.jpg
Views: 373
Size:  102.0 KB
    Magnolia

It's already evening and pretty cold here, today. So the colors are a bit dark a blueish.
    Last edited by P30; 03-22-2020 at 01:44 PM.

My wife and I spent a week on the road just before all of this craziness hit. We didn't have a plan other than to go west and see where we ended up. We went through San Antonio, saw the Alamo (check out that 1911 in the officer's holster), went through Carlsbad Caverns, camped/hiked in the Guataloupa Mountains, and spent a few days in Austin. A few of the more interesting pictures from the trip are attached.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by 98z28 View Post
    My wife and I spent a week on the road just before all of this craziness hit. We didn't have a plan other than to go west and see where we ended up. We went through San Antonio, saw the Alamo (check out that 1911 in the officer's holster), went through Carlsbad Caverns, camped/hiked in the Guataloupa Mountains, and spent a few days in Austin. A few of the more interesting pictures from the trip are attached.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk
    How did you like the Guadalupe mountains?

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    How did you like the Guadalupe mountains?
    We had a limited exposure. The two days we were out there were extremely foggy, so we couldn't see much. The parts that we could see were great, though. The trails are well maintained if you want to stay on them, and there are parts of the forest you can wander off in for "dispersed camping" if you're so inclined (throw up a tent or hammock wherever you want). It was extremely windy, which we learned is normal.

I was surprised by how busy it was. There were a ton of people out there. One of the rangers warned us that the dispersed camping area was "more of a tailgating situation" at the moment, so we chose to stay in the site with tent pads. Might as well have a bathroom nearby if we have to be near people anyway. We were there during spring break for much of the country, so I don't know if that's normal. The forest area where dispersed camping is allowed was quite large, so I'm pretty sure we could have found an area away from folks if we were motivated.

There are two area you can camp: Guadalupe National Park, and the adjacent National Forest. Guadalupe National Park allows tent camping only in designated sites. No hammocks are allowed, and no fires are allowed. This made sense once we saw how windy it was and how unsubstantial most of the trees were. The National Forest allows fires and hammocks. You’re bouncing back and forth between New Mexico and Texas, which can have implications for carry permits from different states.

We'll go back with the kids.

User Tag List