Page 23 of 110 FirstFirst ... 1321222324253373 ... LastLast

Thread: The world around you thread

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    The colors aren’t very good.

If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Lebanon, NH
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

The Conway Scenic Railway.

Conway Scenic, # 252 by Christopher Weismann, on Flickr
    "... And miles to go before I sleep".

Site Supporter Maple Syrup Actual's Avatar

This was an interesting picture (I thought) that I got on the water the other day. This is where the silty ocean water of the Fraser River hits the dark blue ocean.

Incidentally this was the day after a pretty good storm...50 knot winds out here 12 hours prior but by the time I was out there it was down to 15-20 and spectacularly warm and sunny. I didn't get a picture but there was a humpback whale that leaped completely out of the water, twice, about three hundred yards in front of me. First time I've ever seen one.

One of the frustrating aspects of on-water photography...the sea always looks pretty calm. These were actually 3-4 footers and tightly packed, with a period of around 2.5 seconds. But that is very difficult to convey on film, for some reason - possibly the loss of depth perception in a mono image? Not sure. But no matter what water you're on, if you try to capture it to show how brave and heroic you were, it just looks like you were making a big deal out of nothing.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by misanthropist View Post

This was an interesting picture (I thought) that I got on the water the other day. This is where the silty ocean water of the Fraser River hits the dark blue ocean.

Incidentally this was the day after a pretty good storm...50 knot winds out here 12 hours prior but by the time I was out there it was down to 15-20 and spectacularly warm and sunny. I didn't get a picture but there was a humpback whale that leaped completely out of the water, twice, about three hundred yards in front of me. First time I've ever seen one.

One of the frustrating aspects of on-water photography...the sea always looks pretty calm. These were actually 3-4 footers and tightly packed, with a period of around 2.5 seconds. But that is very difficult to convey on film, for some reason - possibly the loss of depth perception in a mono image? Not sure. But no matter what water you're on, if you try to capture it to show how brave and heroic you were, it just looks like you were making a big deal out of nothing.
    What a great shot!
    "... And miles to go before I sleep".

Site Supporter Maple Syrup Actual's Avatar
    Thank you - it often looks like that but I have never thought to get a picture of it before. But then I was running right overtop of the big divide and thought it would make an interesting shot.

Site Supporter
    Sunset over Glasgow

Name:  Sunset_Glasgow.jpg
Views: 467
Size:  37.5 KB

Chris

The world around you thread

After 2” of rain wash down a leaf-covered trail:

Last edited by Stephanie B; 10-30-2019 at 08:07 PM.

Name:  318908C5-830E-47D7-95A3-05C5FD93CAE6.jpg
Views: 375
Size:  79.4 KB

Turkeys roaming the back yard.

User Tag List