Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast
Results 181 to 190 of 217

Thread: The world around you thread

  1. #181
    unhyphenated american blues's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    blue ridge mtns
    Quote Originally Posted by Ohsheepdog View Post
    Where is this?
    Pisgah National Forest, NC

    https://ashevilletrails.com/pisgah-n...ss-rock-trail/
    “Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat.” - Sun Tzu | "Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Mike Tyson

  2. #182
    Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    That's what I thought. I plan hikes every few hours during long trips to break up the monotony and stretch out the body. I went there last November on the way back from training in South Carolina. Beautiful park! I hiked for an hour, but couldn't make the top because it was shut down due to ice on the road past the welcome center.

  3. #183
    unhyphenated american blues's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    blue ridge mtns
    Quote Originally Posted by Ohsheepdog View Post
    That's what I thought. I plan hikes every few hours during long trips to break up the monotony and stretch out the body. I went there last November on the way back from training in South Carolina. Beautiful park! I hiked for an hour, but couldn't make the top because it was shut down due to ice on the road past the welcome center.
    Next time you're in the neighborhood, let me know.
    “Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat.” - Sun Tzu | "Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Mike Tyson

  4. #184
    Name:  029717CF-5D58-4C9B-9D98-DD0AEC7809AC.jpg
Views: 294
Size:  49.1 KB

    Nearing sunset on a nice Sunday afternoon ride.
    Anything I post is my opinion alone as a private citizen.

  5. #185
    The oldest kiddo travels a lot by herself and while she shoots her revolvers (.45 Colts) just fine, I figured she was past due to get tuned up a bit on semi autos. Not to mention the fact I wanted her to be able to pick up any of mine and be comfortable with them.

    I picked her up a Gen 1 Shield, no external safety version. We went to a little place just minutes from the house where we could shoot some USPSA paper targets and steel plates. She took to it very easily.



    I explained the DA/SA and handed her my CZ75. The DA is pretty heavy, but once she got past the initial DA pull, she was off to the races, and really liked the SA trigger on it.




    I then let her run my G19 for a while till her performance dropped off and it was time to pack it up after a bit of .22 rifle shooting.




    BTW, I have zero idea what I hit on my phone to make this pic a gif, but I did and this is what I got..



    Funny thing was I noticed about halfway through shooting.. You might be a redneck kid if you go shooting with your dad and you are wearing bumper spurs on your cowboy boots.
    AKA Mackay Sagebrush

    I've lost my tolerance for diversity.

  6. #186
    Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    Next time you're in the neighborhood, let me know.
    Will do! Let's plan lunch or dinner and I'll buy

  7. #187
    unhyphenated american blues's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    blue ridge mtns
    Quote Originally Posted by Ohsheepdog View Post
    Will do! Let's plan lunch or dinner and I'll buy
    Sounds like a plan. We'll fight over the check.
    “Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat.” - Sun Tzu | "Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Mike Tyson

  8. #188
    Quote Originally Posted by Lost River View Post
    The oldest kiddo travels a lot by herself and while she shoots her revolvers (.45 Colts) just fine, I figured she was past due to get tuned up a bit on semi autos. Not to mention the fact I wanted her to be able to pick up any of mine and be comfortable with them.

    I picked her up a Gen 1 Shield, no external safety version. We went to a little place just minutes from the house where we could shoot some USPSA paper targets and steel plates. She took to it very easily.



    I explained the DA/SA and handed her my CZ75. The DA is pretty heavy, but once she got past the initial DA pull, she was off to the races, and really liked the SA trigger on it.




    I then let her run my G19 for a while till her performance dropped off and it was time to pack it up after a bit of .22 rifle shooting.




    BTW, I have zero idea what I hit on my phone to make this pic a gif, but I did and this is what I got..



    Funny thing was I noticed about halfway through shooting.. You might be a redneck kid if you go shooting with your dad and you are wearing bumper spurs on your cowboy boots.
    My youngest is 17 now, but still she loves Daddy dates as well. While a little heavier than a .45 Colt, she didn't pass up a chance to shoot a Browning. This was a few years ago...

  9. #189
    Site Supporter
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Northern Virginia
    The mountain I was hunting/scouting on this morning was socked in with fog that was starting to burn off under the morning sun:
    Name:  IMG_20191001_102853346_HDR.jpg
Views: 149
Size:  100.2 KB

    However, as I went down the other side of the mountain, the fog got thick again and it was like something out of a scary movie. This is from yesterday (right after the rain that caused the fog), but it looked about the same:
    Name:  IMG_20190930_152828056.jpg
Views: 145
Size:  56.6 KB

    Chris

  10. #190
    Member CSW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    03849
    dolloff sunrise by Christopher Weismann, on Flickr


    From a few years back:

    Dolloff Pond at sunrise, Mt. Washington in the background.
    2.0 compact 9mm

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •