Page 3 of 110 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Thread: The world around you thread

Site Supporter
    Name:  image.jpg
Views: 1332
Size:  89.7 KB

Looking for deer this morning. Just a scouting trip.

Site Supporter
Views: 1316
Size:  54.0 KB
Views: 1286
Size:  58.5 KB

I discovered that I can shoot my phone camera through my binoculars!

Yep, I'm a dork. And glassing is not as exciting when there are no deer.
    Last edited by Duelist; 11-19-2016 at 11:34 AM.

Site Supporter
Views: 1304
Size:  102.1 KB

Little spike. I hunt meat, so I'll be back in this little draw next week.

Site Supporter Maple Syrup Actual's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by okie john View Post
    I'm in western Washington. This is logging country on the Pacific coast a couple of hours south of Seattle, but the hills, fog, and rain are the same.

Okie John
    This is essentially a description and photograph of where I live also, only the above features more freedom but fewer extraneous letter "U"s, as in "neighbours".
    This is a thread where I built a boat I designed and which I very occasionally update with accounts of using it, which is really fun as long as I'm not driving over logs and blowing up the outboard.
    https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....ilding-a-skiff

Nice! I have to admit I figured GJM and Misanthropist would win this thread. But a lot of y'all have some amazing scenery!
    Last edited by El Cid; 11-19-2016 at 12:58 PM.

The pictures are awesome!
    Keep em coming!
    "... And miles to go before I sleep".

I am quite envious of Malamute!

I am massively outnumbered in my house, with all daughters. It is one of the reasons I picked a male dog...
    If it were not for the family, I think I would be living quite similarly to Malamute, up at my cabin.

That said, though we live in a subdivision, we are in a very small town (less than 3 thousand I think), and minutes away from lots of recreational opportunities.

Literally less than 10 minutes from the driveway to kayaking on the Snake River, which happens a bunch in the summer:

The cabin is only a couple hours away, and offers incredible scenery in the surrounding area:

On the way to the Borah summit:

Site Supporter Maple Syrup Actual's Avatar
    Well, a lot of mine will just be variations on a theme, but here's what it looks like around my home:

I apologize for the poor quality of a lot of these. They're often afterthoughts or else I suddenly decided to take a picture of something and had to switch my phone on and stand around for a minute while it booted up and then the light was gone anyway.

I should also point out that I'm really only at this place part of the time. Most of my M-F 9-5 takes place in the Canadian version of Seattle.

But otherwise, yes, I live on a boat-access, off-grid island. That one grey picture overlooking the bay is "our" bay, where everyone on my side of the island moors. You can see my white Double Eagle just above the big aluminum Eaglecraft there. The canoe was built by Erin's dad.

Yes, I spend a lot of time grinning like an idiot.
    This is a thread where I built a boat I designed and which I very occasionally update with accounts of using it, which is really fun as long as I'm not driving over logs and blowing up the outboard.
    https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....ilding-a-skiff

The Lost River Valley is a great place for kids to be kids:

Cabin Neighbors:

They will MUG you for a granola bar!

User Tag List