Page 25 of 110 FirstFirst ... 1523242526273575 ... LastLast

Thread: The world around you thread

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    It rained yesterday and then it got cold. The water that beaded on my car’s roof froze up.

There was a lot more last night, but it sublimated away in the wind.
    A lil frosty bird poo and a tree split by lightning...

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Name:  20191117_123204.jpg
Views: 590
Size:  62.1 KB

Woody out looking for lunch.
    Last edited by BehindBlueI's; 11-17-2019 at 03:38 PM.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar

Hard-hat post.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Name:  20191125_100805.jpg
Views: 546
Size:  94.8 KB

First photo with my new phone. Chipmunk doing chipmunk stuff.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Site Supporter Maple Syrup Actual's Avatar
    This is kind of different, I hope this isn't too contrary to the spirit of the thread. I was just having this conversation with someone about the town I've moved to and how it's on the edge of this spectacular wilderness. We're right on the east coast of Vancouver Island so the views from my deck are of the ocean but if you go the other direction, you walk from my place, which is about at Third St, and head west up to Fifth Street. That's where the city stops, and this is what it looks like on Google. The red pin is my house.

Name:  West of town.jpg
Views: 495
Size:  84.1 KB

Heading west from my place I believe the first urbanized area you would hit would be Sapporo, Japan. Unless you were really strict about due west, in which case I'm not even sure. You would make landfall on Sakhalin Island in Russia, but I don't think it's very populated. That whole eastern edge of Russia seems pretty empty, as does northern China and Mongolia, through which you would be passing. I found this kind of interesting because it's almost like an extension of the empty wilderness that stretches west from, approximately, my neighbour's fence. I don't find this an especially inhospitable latitude or anything, but evidently it is not overly crowded along much of it.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    The streetlights stayed on this morning.

Name:  snow-street.jpg
Views: 441
Size:  60.4 KB
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Name:  2019-12-10 10.10.57.jpg
Views: 454
Size:  24.2 KB

This is just a random picture down at one of the many docks around my place. I actually kicked around the idea of buying a float home down here, or rather: my wife thought a float home down here would be really awesome and I technically agreed, but I can't get into investing real money in depreciating assets. And the cost of liveaboard moorage is freaking insane, you might as well just pay a mortgage.

Ironically a good friend of mine in Vancouver (who is the most connected boat guy on the planet so he gets everything at a discount) is only paying around $300/month to moor his 40-something foot Monk, which he lives on. And which he bought for $2500, which is a whole other story. So apparently the liveaboard thing can be done cheaply even in the most expensive city in the country but it was cheaper for me to buy a whole house.

Name:  9815C7F5-EEF7-44F2-8197-D9E56DD73DD9.jpg
Views: 443
Size:  38.6 KB

It’s not my photo but this funnel cloud was in the area of Sky Harbor near downtown Phoenix.
    Just a dog chauffeur that used to hold the dumb end of the leash.

Working in Tucson this week.

The light here is gorgeous.

Close to sunset.

Did I mention the light?

Westin La Paloma

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

Name:  IMG_20191215_124253.jpg
Views: 406
Size:  70.2 KBName:  IMG_20191215_133216.jpg
Views: 386
Size:  62.0 KBName:  IMG_20191215_133314.jpg
Views: 376
Size:  41.6 KB

Super calm today. The water is so flat that off in the distance the islands look like they're floating in the air.

User Tag List