Page 20 of 110 FirstFirst ... 1018192021223070 ... LastLast

Thread: The world around you thread

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    This evening:

If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Walking the dog about a week ago. A bit of early snow on the mountains, it melted the next day. Been 60s since.

Name:  Haley walk oct 2019.jpg
Views: 305
Size:  74.0 KB
    “Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat.”
    ― Theodore Roosevelt

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Malamute View Post
    Sorry, I missed this.

No, its a 1984 H-D Low Rider, one of the stripped down FX variants of the full dresser FLH touring type.

Attachment 42365

I just can't help myself! Warning....thread drift....again. That bike's profile reminds me so much of my first HD, a 1972 AMF Super Glide. I was warned that it would be nothing but trouble because "everyone knows AMF Harleys are junk." Well, next to my very last bike, a Yamaha DT400, it was the most trouble FREE motorcycle I'd ever owned (out of eight, the first being a 1970 BSA Royal Star). I rode the HD to Bristol Dragway, Tennessee (twice), and the longest trip was to New Orleans for the Mardi Gras in 1975. Other than stopping far too many times for gas, the Super Glide was perfect. Back in those days, I thought having no feeling in my butt and hands meant I was some kind of tuff guy. What a dope.

Quote Originally Posted by 11B10 View Post
    I just can't help myself! Warning....thread drift....again. That bike's profile reminds me so much of my first HD, a 1972 AMF Super Glide. I was warned that it would be nothing but trouble because "everyone knows AMF Harleys are junk." Well, next to my very last bike, a Yamaha DT400, it was the most trouble FREE motorcycle I'd ever owned (out of eight, the first being a 1970 BSA Royal Star). I rode the HD to Bristol Dragway, Tennessee (twice), and the longest trip was to New Orleans for the Mardi Gras in 1975. Other than stopping far too many times for gas, the Super Glide was perfect. Back in those days, I thought having no feeling in my butt and hands meant I was some kind of tuff guy. What a dope.
    Many of the bikes with bad reputations were owned by people that had little mechanical inclination and little desire to pay others to do anything on them for tuneups or service. repairs were often hacks, make it run, good enough. Wiring cut, twisted, taped together, or the awful blue crimp-on butt splices, cut up or off whatever wasnt cool or that wasnt understood.

My first was a 76 Super Glide. I rode it quite a lot, including from the midwest to az, then az to florida, and lots of shorter trips. With the factory carb I got an even 60 mpg, with the S&S Super B it got around 45-50. I built a 47 Knuckle from a basket case chopper into a road bike. I moved to Az on it, rode it back and forth many times cross country, ALL over Az, for a while daily to Sedona and similar places when weather allowed, and had very little trouble. The only actual show stopper was a wire that wore through to the distributor under the frame. Once I figured it out and taped it, I was good to go. That took about 3 years to wear through from the original build. I started with a ground up rebuild on pretty much everything. Id happily take the same bike and ride it about anywhere if given a chance to go through it. It was in a 58-64 Hydra-glide swing arm frame most of the time, but I decided to try an original stock hardtail frame a year or two. First trip I did a 1000 mile day (2nd day of the trip), got in in the wee hours, slept a few hours, got up and rode to Sedona.
    “Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat.”
    ― Theodore Roosevelt

This evening, looking out my back door

Name:  sunset1000.jpg
Views: 286
Size:  39.4 KB
    -Seconds Count. Misses Don't-

Another view from work.

Name:  taskerhillsky.jpg
Views: 285
Size:  49.6 KB
    "... And miles to go before I sleep".

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by CSW View Post
    Another view from work.

Absolutely beautiful! Are they hiring at your place of employment? Seriously, thanks for posting.

Name:  F6A02C79-DD72-4D19-B5FB-EC7663F007D6.jpg
Views: 266
Size:  19.8 KB

Arizona sunset from my backyard
    Just a dog chauffeur that used to hold the dumb end of the leash.

Gucci gear, Walmart skill Darth_Uno's Avatar
    Daily visitors. Haven’t seen any bucks sniffing around this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by CSW View Post
    Another view from work.

For a minute there I thought you were trolling us and posted a Bob Ross landscape... BEAUTIFUL.

User Tag List