Page 19 of 111 FirstFirst ... 917181920212969 ... LastLast

Thread: The world around you thread

Quote Originally Posted by Ohsheepdog View Post
    Where is this?
    Pisgah National Forest, NC

https://ashevilletrails.com/pisgah-n...ss-rock-trail/
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    That's what I thought. I plan hikes every few hours during long trips to break up the monotony and stretch out the body. I went there last November on the way back from training in South Carolina. Beautiful park! I hiked for an hour, but couldn't make the top because it was shut down due to ice on the road past the welcome center.

That's what I thought. I plan hikes every few hours during long trips to break up the monotony and stretch out the body. I went there last November on the way back from training in South Carolina. Beautiful park! I hiked for an hour, but couldn't make the top because it was shut down due to ice on the road past the welcome center.
    Next time you're in the neighborhood, let me know.

Name:  029717CF-5D58-4C9B-9D98-DD0AEC7809AC.jpg
Views: 515
Size:  49.1 KB

Nearing sunset on a nice Sunday afternoon ride.
    Anything I post is my opinion alone as a private citizen.

The oldest kiddo travels a lot by herself and while she shoots her revolvers (.45 Colts) just fine, I figured she was past due to get tuned up a bit on semi autos. Not to mention the fact I wanted her to be able to pick up any of mine and be comfortable with them.

I picked her up a Gen 1 Shield, no external safety version. We went to a little place just minutes from the house where we could shoot some USPSA paper targets and steel plates. She took to it very easily.

I explained the DA/SA and handed her my CZ75. The DA is pretty heavy, but once she got past the initial DA pull, she was off to the races, and really liked the SA trigger on it.

I then let her run my G19 for a while till her performance dropped off and it was time to pack it up after a bit of .22 rifle shooting.

BTW, I have zero idea what I hit on my phone to make this pic a gif, but I did and this is what I got..

Funny thing was I noticed about halfway through shooting.. You might be a redneck kid if you go shooting with your dad and you are wearing bumper spurs on your cowboy boots.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    Next time you're in the neighborhood, let me know.
    Will do! Let's plan lunch or dinner and I'll buy

Will do! Let's plan lunch or dinner and I'll buy
    Sounds like a plan. We'll fight over the check.

Quote Originally Posted by Lost River View Post
    The oldest kiddo travels a lot by herself and while she shoots her revolvers (.45 Colts) just fine, I figured she was past due to get tuned up a bit on semi autos. Not to mention the fact I wanted her to be able to pick up any of mine and be comfortable with them.

I picked her up a Gen 1 Shield, no external safety version. We went to a little place just minutes from the house where we could shoot some USPSA paper targets and steel plates. She took to it very easily.

I explained the DA/SA and handed her my CZ75. The DA is pretty heavy, but once she got past the initial DA pull, she was off to the races, and really liked the SA trigger on it.

I then let her run my G19 for a while till her performance dropped off and it was time to pack it up after a bit of .22 rifle shooting.

BTW, I have zero idea what I hit on my phone to make this pic a gif, but I did and this is what I got..

Funny thing was I noticed about halfway through shooting.. You might be a redneck kid if you go shooting with your dad and you are wearing bumper spurs on your cowboy boots.
    My youngest is 17 now, but still she loves Daddy dates as well. While a little heavier than a .45 Colt, she didn't pass up a chance to shoot a Browning. This was a few years ago...

Site Supporter
    The mountain I was hunting/scouting on this morning was socked in with fog that was starting to burn off under the morning sun:
    Name:  IMG_20191001_102853346_HDR.jpg
Views: 402
Size:  100.2 KB

However, as I went down the other side of the mountain, the fog got thick again and it was like something out of a scary movie. This is from yesterday (right after the rain that caused the fog), but it looked about the same:
    Name:  IMG_20190930_152828056.jpg
Views: 366
Size:  56.6 KB

Chris

dolloff sunrise by Christopher Weismann, on Flickr

From a few years back:

Dolloff Pond at sunrise, Mt. Washington in the background.
    "... And miles to go before I sleep".

User Tag List