Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 5.56 SBR Suppressor?

Just be aware that 5.56 endcap or not, 5.56 is loud.
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by GunRacer View Post
    Thanks for the feedback, folks. I took a trip to the local suppressor shop today and handled a few cans. I've narrowed it down to Omega and Sandman S. The dealer was adamant about the Omega, but didn't have anything bad to say about the Sandman other than it was louder. Still, the Sandman felt like a tank in comparison! Also, the mount was better. I'll likely end up with both down the road. But I think I'll buy an Omega first. I'm not shooting auto, or really very much 5.56 at all, frankly. The Omega with a 5.56 end cap is probably my best bet for attenuation (130ish at the muzzle), size, and versatility.
    If you're LE/mil/veteran then look into the Silencerco SPEQ program. Will save you quite a chunk of change and maybe make your decision easier.

I have an Omega that I am going to put on a 5.56 rifle. No matter what I did it wouldn't run on my .308 (not the cans fault).

I prefer the Sakers over the Omega personally.

Quote Originally Posted by bravo7 View Post
    I'm pretty happy with my Sakers
    #RESIST

Well, I too prefer the full stellite construction. That's the main reason I was looking at the Sandman. But then I think that durability probably isn't my main concern right now. I'm sure I'd be happy with either, but the Omega's construction gives me pause.

Quote Originally Posted by GunRacer View Post
    Well, I too prefer the full stellite construction. That's the main reason I was looking at the Sandman. But then I think that durability probably isn't my main concern right now. I'm sure I'd be happy with either, but the Omega's construction gives me pause.
    SiCo will stand behind the Omega, don't worry about that.
    #RESIST

For what it's worth, I ended up buying the Sandman-S. Dead Air has a free muzzle device promotion through December. That put the price on par with the Omega, which also includes two muzzle devices. And I really, really like the Sandman mounts. Thanks for the advise, everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by bravo7 View Post
    For what kind of shooting?

information...

This is my first can. I recently got my Omega out of jail. Put it on my 11.5 SBR. Small change in POI just putting on the ASR flash hider. About 7" low at 200yrds with Omega and the comp on the end of it. Getting some funny results with the 30 cal flat cap. Didn't vet it enough to make sure it wasn't me.

I haven't tried anything with direct thread, only ASR DQ.
    Last edited by Risto; 12-01-2016 at 05:50 PM. Reason: clarification

That sounds pretty reasonable in terms of shift to me.

User Tag List