Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: VP9, mag release technique

For shits and giggles I ended up swapping a medium backstrap back in versus the small for last night's dry fire. Arbitrarily feels like a smoother index and slightly easier mag release. Which sucks since I HATE THAT STUPID HUMP and the small is way more comfortable being jammed into my hand
    Last edited by Peally; 11-18-2016 at 12:26 PM.
    Semper Gumby, Always Flexible

For what it's worth, we never had a single issue, ND or problem with two decades of my old agencies SWAT cops on the USP 45F and officers using later series HK's. We also had no issues with officers who carried SIG or Glock in patrol and the USP on SWAT. I think a lot of that was due to getting most of the handling on the USP to a sub conscious over learned process.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

I use my shooting hand middle finger.

I can use trigger finger or thumb, with a preference for thumb over trigger finger.

The middle finger works best for me over the different pistols I shoot with the paddle style release; P30, P2000, VP9 and PPS.

On the P30 and VP9, I find it a wash between trigger and middle fingers. Middle may be a bit slower, but I really like coming off the reload with my finger already in register. I have issues with repeatability or grip shift using the trigger finger on my P2000s(even with the 45 release) or the PPS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I use the trigger finger on the VP9 and the P30 when I still had it. It is definitely the fastest for me.

User Tag List