Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: VP9, mag release technique

I used my middle finger, with my trigger finger indexed up on the frame. It gave a little extra leverage and didn't require me to compromise the rest of my grip as much.

That technique worked well for using the less-effective version of paddle release on an original PPS, too.

I wish all guns we're available with a P30/VP9 release.
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

I use a trigger finger. Same as I did with the P7, USP, and all the later guns. It is very natural to me and far faster than a traditional thumb button and I do not have much grip shift at all. Aaron Marco uses his middle finger to leave his trigger finger in index. I "think" this is "better" from a purely safety standpoint and if training total newbies at an academy would likely start this way. With that said, I have found human beings have massive differences in hand size, digit size and dexterity. This is something that would likelrequire a bit of flexibility on based on anatomy.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Great replies. Without considering why, I have been using my index finger. It seems slower than the button on my CZ, and my current choke point on reload speed. Also, don't like my trigger finger near the trigger and would rather have it indexed against the slide.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

If you think about it, you're consciously leaving trigger face with your finger and going somewhere else with it. As I said in our phone conversation, I don't think that an in-battery speed reload was on a list of HKs priorities but I am yet to ND through thousands of reloads. I am a little worried about DA/SA guns with SA trigger position so close to the release, I am not a bit worried with LEM and its self-decocking action, and the VP9 is probably in the middle.

Not one person who replied noticed how you're a VP9 fanboy these days.

Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    Not one person who replied noticed how you're a VP9 fanboy these days.
    Oh, I did. But, with George, we know "this too shall pass" when it comes to fanboi-ism...

Quote Originally Posted by Talionis View Post
    While moving Less flippantly; I shift my grip and hit it with the trigger finger. Video example:

Still pulled from that video: Attachment 11703
    Nice reload! I think I remember that stage.
    Technical excellence supports tactical preparedness
    Lord of the Food Court
    http://www.gabewhitetraining.com

Strong hand thumb. Fingers are just awkward, and I have to compromise my grip too much.

After experimenting, using my trigger finger seems to work the best, and most natural on my VP40.

Best, Jon

On USP,HK45, P30, I put my thumb in the same position as on 1911, Glock etc... and drop the mag.

Not a VP9. But in the year I competed with a USP9 I used my trigger finger.
    Welcome to Africa, bring a hardhat.

User Tag List