Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: VP9, mag release technique

VP9, mag release technique

Interested in how folks drop the magazine for fastest in battery reloads.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

I use my trigger finger on my P30LS; the VP series has an identical magazine release, last I checked. My strong hand shifts slightly, but re-establishes a full grip once the weak hand is back on the gun. My reloads are generally around 2.0 ± 0.1 seconds, against a 3"×5" index card at 7 yards.
    Last edited by Default.mp3; 11-17-2016 at 11:15 AM.

I habr always used my middle finger for HKs. The same with the VP. It seems the most natural and easiest for me.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Interested in how folks drop the magazine for fastest in battery reloads.
    While moving Less flippantly; I shift my grip and hit it with the trigger finger. Video example:

Still pulled from that video: Name:  ReloadStill.jpg
Views: 949
Size:  100.8 KB
    TY83544

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin P View Post
    I habr always used my middle finger for HKs. The same with the VP. It seems the most natural and easiest for me.
    Me too.

I just can't reach the paddle with the trigger finger on my size M hands.

Index finger. Somebody I respected told me middle finger was sketchy because you get some involuntary movement with the other fingers and using index puts all the other fingers lower than the trigger and middle leaves one around the trigger.
    i used to wannabe

I use my thumb because I don't shoot the VP9 anywhere near enough to warrant changing the system I use with my Glocks and 1911s; also, my hand is apparently large enough that it's pretty easy to do.

Weak hand I use my middle finger because using my trigger finger really screws up my grip.

Quote Originally Posted by Luke View Post
    Index finger. Somebody I respected told me middle finger was sketchy because you get some involuntary movement with the other fingers and using index puts all the other fingers lower than the trigger and middle leaves one around the trigger.
    None of my other fingers get near the trigger, my trigger finger is indexed high on the frame.

This(like many other things) is highly dependent on the shooters specific hand and how it interfaces with the gun.

I agree that it is very much shooter dependent. I personally use my index finger. My middle finger doesn't work well.

I use my thumb. Never could get accustomed to using my trigger finger or middle finger. I do have really long thumbs, so maybe that helps.
    Last edited by Jeff S.; 11-17-2016 at 12:51 PM.

User Tag List