Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is G2 RIP like a "buzz saw"?

Is G2 RIP like a "buzz saw"?

https://youtu.be/SH9wD5T6UfQ

The results may shock you!

(probably not)

Part of G2's marketing pitch on the RIP was that it acted like a "buzz saw," whatever that is. I tested that claim and the results are probably not surprising, but definitely entertaining.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Wiggin View Post
    The results may shock you!
    and . . . What happens at 3:32 will amaze you!!!
    "Specialization is for insects." -Robert A. Heinlein

LOL. Fifteen simple tricks the government doesn't want you to know about this guy because the banks hate him.

I still think it would be a real mess on an unobstructed frontal shot. The poor doc in surgery would be chasing each damn sliver. Total mess.

Shootingthebull410 did a video showing that G2 RIP produced wounds that were virtually indistinguishable from two .22lr shots. The problem is that the wounds are very tiny, which means very slow fluid loss. Failing a hit to the CNS, the only physiological means of stopping a threat is hypovolemic shock, which can take several seconds with massive damage to the heart and major blood vessels. With tiny holes like these, the attacker could continue to be a threat for several minutes. A larger, contiguous hole allows more blood to get out of the body in a faster way. I'm not concerned about what happens in the ER. Odds are that a solid physiological stop won't make it there, but if there were a way to increase the probability of the attacker's survival while also improving the probability of a stop, I would take it.

Stuff one of those hot Fiocchi 209's in the nose and then you'd really have something.
    In a sort of ghastly simplicity we remove the organ and demand the function. We make men without chests and expect of them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honour and are shocked to find traitors in our midst. We castrate and bid the geldings be fruitful.” ― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

If I wanted a buzz saw, this is what I would expect my ammo to do

I know anything from that company is garbage but it reminds me of a jagged edge HP from the 90's. As I recall it was designed for bowling pin matches as it was supposed to grab the pin. No idea of it worked as advertised.

Quote Originally Posted by El Cid View Post
    I know anything from that company is garbage but it reminds me of a jagged edge HP from the 90's. As I recall it was designed for bowling pin matches as it was supposed to grab the pin. No idea of it worked as advertised.

This appears to be another version of Pin Grabbers
    Last edited by Velo Dog; 11-22-2016 at 08:49 PM.

"Performs like a buzz saw" - Always struck me as taking something like this:

https://www.amazon.com/Disc-Shooter-.../dp/B001CJMIS0

and combining it with something like this:

https://www.amazon.com/Dremel-546-01...aw+blades+wood

In place of the foam discs...and then shooting them out at high velocity. The trouble is...the saw blades don't have a lot of mass and they cut only when spinning at high RPMs and with sustained contact.

Which I mean...that's what a buzzsaw does right? Cuts with sustained contact...

User Tag List