Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Weapon mounted light relics

Weapon mounted light relics

Helped clean up the armory at work today and ran across these vintage weapon mounted lights from 1990. Hard to believe guys ran these back in the day. Anyone remember or have any experience with these dinosaurs? The bracket slides over the barrel and attaches to the bayonet lug on AR's. The lights are rechargeable and activated by a pressure switch.

Attachment 11689

Attachment 11690

Cool post!

Interesting, never seen that type before.

In the 80s I fooled around with a light for an AR. I only used a mini-mag light, machined a clamp for the barrel and light, installed a sub-miniature headphone jack into the tail cap of the light to work with the switch, then ran a small pressure button switch mounted into the triangle handguard.

I recall the pics of the SAS, during the Iranian embassy siege, and the full sized mag lights they had on their MP-5s.

State of the art at the time.

We are light years ahead now, technology wise.

20 years from now should be interesting.

Geez, I now feel old.......yes, kids, those were high speed at one point.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

This is a really cool thread. If anyone has anything else to add so we can see how technology progressed that would be awesome.

I need find my crew served SIG P226 Surefire 6v light and mount from the early 1990s.

Great post OP! Somewhere in the house I have a Pelican C cell flashlight with the Velcro strap, rubber mount that fit the round AR handguards like a champ. I also recall seeing the light and mount on Chuck Norris' forearm in his Delta Force movie. I know I thought I was cool for having the same light/mount. Lol!
    Last edited by El Cid; 11-16-2016 at 11:29 PM.

Site Supporter
    The fact that people who knew what they were doing would attach something as big as some of the lights mentioned here to their guns really says something about the value of a light on a gun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

This thread is doing nothing to quell my desire for a Colt SP1 with the triangular handguards

User Tag List