Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: Red dot sights vs. Iron sights

Quote Originally Posted by MVS View Post
    I have been meaning to try something with a smaller dot and manual overide, but I have had such good luck with that 02 that I didn't want to be disappointed.
    I find the 06 to be a major improvement over the 02. Being able to easily tune the dot intensity, when desired, is a big help in fringe lighting conditions. The smaller size dot with the 06 is helpful for zeroing and 50-100 yard shooting. I also like that I can turn the dot off for semi-extended storage.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by taadski View Post
    Crimson Trace's CS is some of the best in the business, IME. I've had issues with some of their stuff durability-wise over the years, but their response has always been phenomenal.
    For the first time they dropped a ball about a month ago, T. I've a green 1911 laser that doesn't want to turn off, sent an email, zero response. I've heard that they were bought out by S&W; I hope that they don't turn to the worse.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    For the first time they dropped a ball about a month ago, T. I've a green 1911 laser that doesn't want to turn off, sent an email, zero response. I've heard that they were bought out by S&W; I hope that they don't turn to the worse.

I think a sad is in order.

Thanks for the info.

I recently noticed I am shooting faster with supressor height sights on an MOS g34 than stock height iron sights. I have had a rmr mounted on it for months and recently moved the rmr to another gun. Last week I decided to see what the longer sight radius would do for me, if anything. I noticed I am acquiring the front sight faster and am shooting with both eyes open with irons more accurately. It also felt like it pointed more naturally with the taller sights than my g19 with stock sights. I don’t know if this is because of all the practice and live fire with the optic, but I think the optic has improved my iron sight shooting and at least for now I prefer taller iron sights. I thought it was interesting.

We were in Phoenix earlier this week and shot Tuesday Night Steel at Rio. My wife finished 36 out of 186 shooters, which was great for our second time at TNS, and especially given that she trashed one stage. One side note — on the fifth stage, that had a javalina steel target at 100 yards, the deal was if you hit it on your first shot, you got ten seconds off your total time for the stage, and if you never hit it you got a five second miss penalty. As luck would have it, I hit it on my first shot, and with the deduction ended up with a two second and change stage. This was despite a bungled grip that I fixed mid draw. I had visions of a top 5 finish, but unfortunately there was some issue, and they threw the javalina part of the stage dashing my hopes.

Here is that stage.

The next morning we went for a hike at nearby Usery Park, and on the way down my wife took a tumble. She fell upside down landing on her strong hand, removing a big chunk of flesh, and as she tumbled got to see her Glock 43 come flying out of her IWB kydex holster and land on the back of the slide, with the muzzle pointing at her. Thank goodness for drop safe Glock pistols!

Since then, she has shot only support hand in practice, but today decided to tape up and go to a match with me. This is her hand this morning.

Name:  70C00B63-FD92-4CED-9A99-DA8421775232.jpg
Views: 662
Size:  36.0 KB

Despite the hand injury, she did great in today’s match, shooting CO and finishing eight overall at 72.29 percent of the PCC match winner.

Hammertime
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Here She fell upside down landing on her strong hand, removing a big chunk of flesh, and as she tumbled got to see her Glock 43 come flying out of her IWB kydex holster and land on the back of the slide, with the muzzle pointing at her. Thank goodness for drop safe Glock pistols!

Since then, she has shot only support hand in practice.
    Well done on the practice. And you might want to tension that holster up. Especially if she likes to do backflips dancing.

Quote Originally Posted by Enel View Post
    Well done on the practice. And you might want to tension that holster up. Especially if she likes to do backflips dancing.
    With a Glock, unlike a 320, the important part is how you pick the pistol up!

My wife, no doubt as part of her effort to BEAT me, has figured out how to overlay our runs on an individual stage, to see where she can pick up time.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    ...My wife, no doubt as part of her effort to BEAT me, has figured out how to overlay our runs on an individual stage, to see where she can pick up time...
    Some of us are taking bets as to when she does.
    With liberty and justice for all...must be 18, void where prohibited, some restrictions may apply, not available in all states.

I just had Lasik and I'm now 20/15 in both eyes. However, I'm finding it very hard to focus on my front sight now. Is it time for me to go RDS?

Site Supporter
    As you get older, your eyes can't adjust to depth like they used to. You could have one eye done with lasik to the depth of your front sight, but not a good option. Lenses that let you see the front sight or (as I did) a red dot are the only solutions that I know of.
    With liberty and justice for all...must be 18, void where prohibited, some restrictions may apply, not available in all states.

User Tag List