Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Sig P239

I'm going to go pick up another one tomorrow and maybe try to find a DAK, too. I think this gun would be a lot of fun for Steel Challenge. I'm going to add FO on the one I get tomorrow. My gun has a Custom Shop marking on the front of the slide. Is this significant?

Is it a SAS?
    “If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

Quote Originally Posted by Kirk View Post
    I'm going to go pick up another one tomorrow and maybe try to find a DAK, too. I think this gun would be a lot of fun for Steel Challenge. I'm going to add FO on the one I get tomorrow. My gun has a Custom Shop marking on the front of the slide. Is this significant?
    Yuck.....DAK. I'd just stick with DA/SA, maybe with a SRT.

I'm hoping for suppressors to be taken off the NFA. Then I might grab a threaded barrel, and turn one of my P239s into a little suppressed dream.

Quote Originally Posted by GreggW View Post
    Is it a SAS?
    Yep, it is. Not very familiar with Sigs, though

IIRC it already has a SRT in it then. Nice find. If you order kydex for it double check that it'll fit first.
    “If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

Im a big fan of the 239. Yes, its heavy for the capacity and reloads require some care if you have large hands. Most folks are also best served with a SIG friendly grip where the strong side thumb (if right handed) rides over the support hand thumb and away from the slide catch lever. Relaxing the little finger on the reload also helps reduce the pinch factor.

But the 239 is, for me, almost as easy to shoot well as the 226. Carried IWB, the grip is significantly easier to hide than the 228/229, at least for me. The rounded slide shape is easier to conceal than the square slide of the G19, which tends to print more than the 239. At 6/3, 212 lb. I can conceal a full size pistol without a problem, but the 239 disappears under a t-shirt without any effort.

The magazines are flat and easy to carry. Any SIG with the SRT is easy to shoot well with just a bit of dedicated training and instruction by someone who knows how to teach the DA/SA system.

IMO, the DAK sucks all the goodness right out of a SIG.

Name:  IMG_1333.jpg
Views: 673
Size:  58.7 KB

I'll echo everyone's comments. The P239 is a sleeper. I have two in 9mm.

Site Supporter
    If I were buying a Sig, it would very likely be a P239 in DAK. Ever since I bought my first Glock, I have liked reasonably light triggers that give the same trigger pull for each shot. I have never, and likely never will, purchase a DA/SA gun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

Site Supporter
    I bought a police trade in 9mm P239 in 2000 from a local gun show vendor. My first reload drew a blood blister from the pinch. I could not get my work to approve it for off duty, so I traded it for a G23. Wish I had kept it. I sometimes see used P239 .40 guns in my area for less than $500. Very tempting. Are there conversion barrels for 9mm available for the P239?

I've owned several 239s over the years....in 9, 40 and 357sig, and loved them all for carry and for shooting.

But, it's a lot of weight and heft for the capacity, and I've moved on to G19s, and currently to my two HKP2000s...9 and 40.

They CC very comfortably either AIWB or on the hip and feel good in the hand.

I'm not sure why someone would choose a P239 over a P2000 or USP Compact...but to each his own.

As my old Aunt Gladys used to tell us kids: "make it easy on yourself."

You might take a look at this as an option.

George

Name:  33a5llh.jpg
Views: 549
Size:  102.3 KB
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Gun Free Zones Aren’t an Inhibition….they’re an Invitation.

User Tag List