Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Sig P239

Quote Originally Posted by GreggW View Post
    I love 239's. I own an older one and one built in 2015. As an aside the 2015 model is ever so slightly thicker than the older 239. It only makes a difference in kydex holsters. I put a short reset trigger in the one I carry. The trigger is fantastic but it breaks slightly to far back making it easy to yank shots off line. I even like the factory night sights with red sharpie in the rear dots.

That being said, if I was putting a lot of rounds through 92 I would read the PX4 compact thread from beginning to end.
    This sums my general thoughts as well.

I really do not like the 92compact. It isn't very compact. If you can conceal one, you can almost certainly conceal a full sized 92. I would echo the above in checking into a Px4 compact. Actual G19 size and lighter than the 92 by a good bit.

Is there a way to get the P239 to 9+1 or 10+1 without adding any size to the mags? I just played with one at my LGS and loved it. Bought it. The grip seems decently thinner than a G19, although the slide looks the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirk View Post
    Is there a way to get the P239 to 9+1 or 10+1 without adding any size to the mags? I just played with one at my LGS and loved it. Bought it. The grip seems decently thinner than a G19, although the slide looks the same.
    Probably not without compromising the reliability of the magazine. Sig offers a +1 kit for .40 and .357 7rd mags, but that is because there is just enough space at the bottom of those to make it work. The 8rd 9mm mags are optimized for that specific mag length. I am perfectly comfortable with 8+1 rounds of 9mm in a concealed carry pistol.......plus extra magazines are slim and easy to conceal on my person. Extra mags for a double stack pistol can be more of a challenge to conceal in casual summer time wear.

As others have said, you will either love the P239, or hate it. Usually people who hate it can't bring their thumbs low enough not to trip the slide release lever and prevent the action from locking open on the last round fired(or they have huge, meaty hands). Well, that is a consequence of using a thin framed pistol with full service pistol control locations. I worked out my grip so that it wasn't a problem for me, and I love it(you generally work that out when you are a Sig shooter). I love the P239 even more when I go out and shoot it and realize that it is as comfortable and accurate to shoot as a full sized P226.

I love a 239. I'm carrying one right now.

They carry very nicely as the grip is light and it makes it ride in a holster really well. The single stack mags carry easy too.

The reloads are not as hotdog-down-a-hallway like a double stack.

I've been using a 239 off and on, more on than off, for about ten years and have had literally zero malfunctions in that time. All 9mm.

Just went out and shot this thing.

1) Wow. Shoots like a bigger Sig, and is very accurate. I was able to group 3 shots into a business card at 22 yards (my range is weird) at about 1 sec/shot with stock night sights. I'm great with that in a carry gun. Need to work more speed stuff with it tomorrow or the next day.

2) Carries REALLY flat. I had heard people say this and brushed it off as hyperbole, but it really does. Running it in a Mr. Softy i had lying around until I get a long term holster.

Any F/O sights available for this thing?

The 239 is a great ban state pistol.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Any F/O sights available for this thing?
    Anything that works on a P226/P228/P229 9mm will work on the P239 9mm. That's a #8 front and #8 rear sights. Occasionally you might get an odd-ball production gun that has different numbers than that, so then you will want to match any new sights to those numbers.

The one "classic" SIG I wish I had back was a DA/SA two-tone stainless over black P239 in 9mm with night sights and CT laser grips. I do miss that one.

Site Supporter

Top Gun Supply sells a Plus 1 mag extension. They sell it as an extension for the 40 and 357 Sig rounds but it works just as well on the 9mm mag. It extends about 1/4 inch out the bottom of the mag. I've been using them on my 9mm 239's for years. Never had any kind of problem.

I love my 239 in 357 sig, seems to be made for that round. Handles it incredibly well for a small gun. Figure if I'm only going to carry 7/8 rounds it may as well be 357 sig. Trigger is excellent, measured the da at just over 8.5lbs w/ my lyman and it has the srt. I think it's a bit of an underrated gun. Obviously doesn't have the high capacity and for that capacity it's a bit heavy, but it's certainly an excellent shooter.

I'm also sorry to say I think I bought the last plus 1 kits at Top gun supply last week, there out of stock.

User Tag List