Thread: New MEC Single Stage Press Entering the Market

New MEC Single Stage Press Entering the Market

Might be of interest to some - https://www.mecshootingsports.com/t-...reloaders.aspx

This seems to be their main marketing angle from what I can tell:

The MEC MarksmanTM is made from ductile cast iron for superior quality and durability. Our patent-pending self-centering shell holder provides greater accuracy and consistency to every reload. The MEC MarksmanTM is compatible with all 7/8-14 thread dies to change calibers quickly. Reload .22 Hornet to .416 Rigby all with one convenient machine.
    h/t to TFB - http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2...ec-goes-metal/

Crowded market, price point will matter.
    #RESIST

Interesting.

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

Site Supporter
    I can see this for making some high end match rifle ammo, but not many other uses. Should be interesting to see how it turns out.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Crowded market, price point will matter.
    Very true on both points. If it's priced the same as a Co-ax, just buy the Co-ax. The main advantage I see if it's priced against presses like the Rockchucker is that it appears to be right/left handed. This is a feature I didn't care about when I was 21, but tendonitis can be a thing in middle age.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

User Tag List