Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Ruger Mini-Thirty in 7.62x39 - Consensus?

no idea if it is THE ONE being referred to earlier in the thread, but yes it is a slightly more affordable arsenal.

enjoy.

Vending Machine Operator
    It's decided. I'm going with an Arsenal AK. Thread mission accomplished.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

Quote Originally Posted by LockedBreech View Post
    Southern Ohio Gun has Yugo 59/66 SKS rifles, advertised as "Unissued" condition, with the option for cosmetic hand select with the cosmoline cleaned off for $439
    Anyone else wishing they'd thought to buy half a dozen when they could be had for ~$100?

/digression
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

Quote Originally Posted by Drang View Post
    Anyone else wishing they'd thought to buy half a dozen when they could be had for ~$100?

/digression
    I wasn't old enough to buy them back then. But I do wish I had hung onto the two I had. It's all good now though. Got a nice Norinco Para and a Sporter that takes AK mags. My SKS lust is satisfied. Until the next time I see one in a pawn shop for a reasonable price.

Vending Machine Operator

Ruger Mini-Thirty in 7.62x39 - Consensus?

My best surplus deal is my good old Mosin, bought with scraps of college money for $107 shipped. Somebody must have messed up because I got a 1943 Izhevsk rifle that's in excellent+ condition, only a stone's throw from collector grade.

That was back in 2012-2013 when that massive shipment came in and everyone had them for pennies. Not a refined rifle in any way, shape, or form, but as a college kid really getting in to guns it was cheap and spam cans of ammo were cheap and it did impressive work on soup cans at 75 yards.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by LockedBreech; 01-24-2017 at 03:30 PM.
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

Site Supporter

Ruger Mini-Thirty in 7.62x39 - Consensus?

Quote Originally Posted by nalesq View Post
    There's this version, though I have never seen one in person: http://shop.akoperatorsunionlocal477...fety-Lever.htm
    As an update to this, I bought one of these enhanced safety levers from AKOU. It is apparently of Polish manufacture.

I installed it on my Arsenal SLR95 (milled receiver) and it works much better than the Krebs safety ever did. Reason is that unlike the way most of the stamped receiver AKM derivatives are set up, the milled receiver of the SLR uses a little protruding nub on the receiver to stop the safety from over traveling downwards, which never worked well with the way the Krebs safety was shaped. Not a problem with the Polish safety.

This Polish safety from AKOU (I could not find it for sale anywhere else) has the added bonus of being less expensive than the Krebs safety.

Bottom line, if you want an enhanced safety for your milled AK, this Polish one is the way to go.
    Last edited by nalesq; 02-03-2017 at 04:31 PM.

User Tag List