Page 44 of 48 FirstFirst ... 344243444546 ... LastLast

Thread: New IDPA Rules

Quote Originally Posted by Tony1911 View Post
    But it doesn't. Three seconds is kind of a little penalty if you shoot a whole string of fire freestyle instead of one handed.

I guess we have a very different idea of what multi-gun means, then.

Sent from my Infernal Contraption using Tapatalk
    Multigun ,here at least, means multiple guns in a stage.
    Welcome to Africa, bring a hardhat.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony1911 View Post
    So your issue is with the name of the penalty? Okay, I have to admit it sounded a little weird to me when I first read it, and after that I haven't given it much thought. English isn't my first language, so I don't really have a strong opinion on the matter, but it does sound like you have a point.

That'd work, if IDPA gave up their policy of only one penalty for one mistake. Of course, with the current rule book they kind of did, but only with some things - the end result is very confusing. But let's say a 12 shot string, specified one hand only and the shooter shoots freestyle: 3 second penalty per shot, that's 36 seconds in procedulars... Ouch.

Sent from my Infernal Contraption using Tapatalk
    I'm alright with that. It's one less arbitrary judgement call from the ROs and the end result is similar to currently existing penalties. As far as getting 36 seconds in penalties I'm also alright with capping it at some limit if needed. On the flip side, the types of guys that will very rarely make a mistake like that would be destroyed by even a 6 second penalty, and the lower class shooters typically think their way through their shooting and more often than not catch themselves and correct the error mid-stage.
    Semper Gumby, Always Flexible

Quote Originally Posted by BigT View Post
    Multigun ,here at least, means multiple guns in a stage.
    All multigun means to me is there will be three guns used throughout the match. Could be all three in one stage, or one per stage.

Wilson has announced new 1911 models, compact commanders. Now, the new CCP dimensions make sense.

surprisingly enough, Wilson now makes CCP 1911s that exactly fit the new CCP box, and they also make 9mm Pistol Caliber Carbines. what timing!

(PS, Wilson, please hurry up with my 92G order, for SSP, thanks).

USPSA Multigun, 3Gun Nation, whatever the local outlaw dudes want. There is no unified definition of what multigun means.

and with the new target, 4" diameter down zero zone for the head, now head shots at 7 yards will be just as difficult as body shots (8" diameter) at 15 yards. better slow down a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by DAB View Post
    and with the new target, 4" diameter down zero zone for the head, now head shots at 7 yards will be just as difficult as body shots (8" diameter) at 15 yards. better aim better
    FIFY

Quote Originally Posted by Peally View Post
    FIFY

LOL. Beat me to it.

The finalized 2017 IDPA rules are out, effective Jan 1.

http://www.idpa.com/misc/Rulebook%202017%20Master.pdf

PCC almost evaporated, mentioned only in passing as a "Specialty Division" item.

I think CCP stays short enough to obsolete a number of 2015 guns.
    Code Name: JET STREAM

User Tag List