Page 35 of 48 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast

Thread: New IDPA Rules

5) At the conclusion of each 5 hour match a mock trial will be held for each stage. If you have a miss or hit a no-shoot you will go to IDPA court to defend your actions. Then get a 3 year ban.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

A new target will be replacing the current target after the 2017 Nationals. The new target's headbox will have a Down Zero and Down One scoring zones.

Source?

Email forwarded to me from our area coordinator:

We have a new Target that has a 4" circle inside the head zone for zero down. The existing 8” circle in the lower zone is still there. Effectively the 1 down zone grew. You can make your own using a 4” template in the center of the head while waiting for target manufacturers to add the die.
    Last edited by Amp; 12-16-2016 at 10:56 AM.

so no more down 3 zone? phew! but now it sounds like you can hit the head shots and still get scored down 1 and not down 0.

Wonder why they went with a circle instead of a T zone or brain box, other than to be different for the sake of being different.
    Semper Gumby, Always Flexible

Quote Originally Posted by DAB View Post
    so no more down 3 zone? phew! but now it sounds like you can hit the head shots and still get scored down 1 and not down 0.
    Down 3 zone is not gone, in essence the Down 1 zone grew.

Quote Originally Posted by Amp View Post
    Email forwarded to me from our area coordinator:

We have a new Target that has a 4" circle inside the head zone for zero down. The existing 8” circle in the lower zone is still there. Effectively the 1 down zone grew. You can make your own using a 4” template in the center of the head while waiting for target manufacturers to add the die.
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't this make good anatomical sense?

In my mind the real "head" to aim for is the area directly above the neck, since the part of the head that extends sideways beyond the neck can dissapear from one side or the other depending on how the head is cocked.

Always felt sporting clays were an ideal target size to practice headshots with.

and the down zero got smaller....sigh...

Quote Originally Posted by Peally View Post
    Wonder why they went with a circle instead of a T zone or brain box, other than to be different for the sake of being different.

Uspsa uses square stuff. Heaven forbid they use something from the people getting kilt in the streets.

I always thought the whole head being -0 made no sense.
    Last edited by Luke; 12-16-2016 at 12:31 PM.
    i used to wannabe

User Tag List