Page 3 of 48 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: New IDPA Rules

Quote Originally Posted by jlw View Post
    Duty gear is allowed at club level matches, but it is not allowed in a sanctioned match.

Usually on the forums the discussion of duty gear at matches devolves into a "some guy showed up gaming it with X holster claiming it was duty gear".

I get that administratively it is easier to simply require concealment across the board.
    Thanks I did not know that.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I took a quick look at the rules, and what would be helpful would be a redline version, making the changes easy to see.
    That would be helpful.

Other than the scoring and classifier, it doesn't appear that the other changes are very significant?
    Last edited by ST911; 11-15-2016 at 12:23 PM.
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Quote Originally Posted by ST911 View Post
    That would be helpful.

Other than the scoring and classifier, it doesn't appear that the other changes are very significant?
    PCC, fault lines, reload when you run dry anywhere, no retention reload on the classifier, new "flagrant penalty" (Not sure when this applies), 1 second down per point down...
    Classifier is shorter and simpler, barrel lengths are shorter and longer on somethings...

Yeah.

PCC is not at all compliant with IDPA principles and policies. And if we are stuck with it, it is not well enough described. What are the Ready and safe transport positions for a carbine?

Another grade of penalty with a lot of overlap and contradiction? Phooey.

Real WTP BUGs instead of sawn off service pistols, good, those go in CCP.

There is a comparison at
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/6numg5koj8...02015.pdf?dl=0
    Code Name: JET STREAM

PCC may make me interested in IDPA again. But that's partially a local legislation thing.

The 1 second a point thing is dumb and should be killed with fire.

The old classifier was a very useful skills test. Dumping that was silly.
    Welcome to Africa, bring a hardhat.

Quote Originally Posted by Les Pepperoni View Post
    PCC, fault lines, reload when you run dry anywhere, no retention reload on the classifier, new "flagrant penalty" (Not sure when this applies), 1 second down per point down...
    Classifier is shorter and simpler, barrel lengths are shorter and longer on somethings...

Yeah.
    I don't get the fl;agrant penalty thing.
    What is it? How is it different than a FTDR? Why did we need it?

PCC's...yea we see where thats coming from.

Just thought I’d point out that this is still in the draft phase, out for member comment/criticism, etc. FWIW.

Had the chance to skim it over this am. Couple points…

There are some clarifications that seem might be helpful re reloading in the open; specifically when there aren’t any “unengaged” threats in view. I like those changes if I’m reading them correctly. In battery loading and not retaining a mag with rounds in it is still illegal. i.e., no speed reloads. (shrug)

I agree that tac loading is still going to be an important part of the game, especially since it doesn’t appear to be limited to a “position of cover” any longer like in the current 2015 rulebook. Before the last rulebook, considerable gaming advantage could be had with savvy well timed RWRs.

The fault lines appear to just be an addendum that allows course design to have them if desired by staff. Nothing mandatory, unless I’m missing something. It doesn’t change the way cover is going to be called by the SO, as the cover “fault line” is still going to change for every target in an array per the same old cover rules. So we’ll still have all of our beloved subjectivity. No surprise there.

The one second down thing, while unnecessary IMO, isn’t going to change the outcome of the top bunch of spots much at the majority of matches. I’ve been tallying our local clubs’ results looking at scores both ways over the last year or so. The guys that shoot fast and accurately are still winning the matches in both cases. The folks that are going to get crushed are the MM/SS hoser types.

I’m glad they’ve added PCC. I look forward to dabbling with a carbine in both IDPA and USPSA.

And I’m still pissed they disallowed (legitimate) duty equipment at major matches. I stopped spending my money traveling to IDPA majors when that change came about.

In the end, like it or not, it’s just another game. I happen to think it's fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Watson View Post

That's really helpful. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by BigT View Post
    The old classifier was a very useful skills test. Dumping that was silly.
    I don't disagree, but there were some really redundant things in there... The 1-shot El Pres, for example, and 3 strings worth of Mozambiques in the first "section". So boring.

Quote Originally Posted by Les Pepperoni View Post

Yeah.
    My bad, wrong question for what I was trying to ask.
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

User Tag List