Page 13 of 48 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: New IDPA Rules

I was shooting 2 outlaw matches a month (along with up to 3 IDPA and occasional IPSC - yes IPSC, not USPSA) until one of them lost its range. The outgoing one had only a few differences, but the other is mutating a lot.

I notice the IPSC shoot which is on an indoor range, nice in the heat of Summer and the cold of Winter, is shaking out the casual shooters. More USPSA shooters getting in trigger time on weeknights.

IDPA rule requires you join after only one match. A rule seldom observed except at one range near here which is running at capacity and uses membership to keep entries to what they can handle.
    New version says you may only shoot three matches before classifying.

I know for a fact that every comment from a active member will be read and reviewed and the count of NO/YES/Maybe on the changes being proposed.
    Sounds good, Cody. You on a TT?
    Last edited by Jim Watson; 11-18-2016 at 03:00 PM.
    Code Name: JET STREAM

Quote Originally Posted by Luke View Post
    Since when do you have to be a member to shoot idpgay
    Depends on the club I would imagine. At our local club we don't have to be a member of either IDPA or USPSA.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_White View Post
    This one?
    So it began, I think. It had evolved quite a bit by the time I saw it as part of a course of his in 2015. Anyway, the language and the font is very similar even in your example to the thingee you posted from Midwest Marksman. Who is MM?

Quote Originally Posted by JAD View Post
    So it began, I think. It had evolved quite a bit by the time I saw it as part of a course of his in 2015. Anyway, the language and the font is very similar even in your example to the thingee you posted from Midwest Marksman. Who is MM?
    I feel like I remember another one too, maybe the more evolved one you refer to. I like the Midwest Marksman one myself, because it attempts the broadest comparison between a larger number of drills, tests, sports, etc. No idea who Midwest Marksman is - the original was an image someone found somewhere on the internet, and we all ran with it from there.
    Technical excellence supports tactical preparedness
    Lord of the Food Court
    http://www.gabewhitetraining.com

I feel like I remember another one too, maybe the more evolved one you refer to. I like the Midwest Marksman one myself, because it attempts the broadest comparison between a larger number of drills, tests, sports, etc. No idea who Midwest Marksman is - the original was an image someone found somewhere on the internet, and we all ran with it from there.
    The forum search isn't helping me -- at least using "midwest marksman." can you point to the thread? Don't feel obligated, I'm just curious.

Quote Originally Posted by JAD View Post
    The forum search isn't helping me -- at least using "midwest marksman." can you point to the thread? Don't feel obligated, I'm just curious.
    Would if I could JAD - I had those two chart pictures saved/posted on my photo account, so they were close at hand though whatever thread they came from is not. The archived thread you linked is the one I'd have looked for first, though I am pretty sure there were a few others too.
    Technical excellence supports tactical preparedness
    Lord of the Food Court
    http://www.gabewhitetraining.com

Would if I could JAD - I had those two chart pictures saved/posted on my photo account, so they were close at hand though whatever thread they came from is not. The archived thread you linked is the one I'd have looked for first, though I am pretty sure there were a few others too.
    Got it, thanks for trying.

Thanks to this thread, I've figured out my next trolling youtube video.

The Chart originally was created by Midwest Marksman.

I think I found the original on Doodie:
    872-uspsa-v-idpa-classification-chart/

I believe this is John Hearns first discussion of a similiar chart:
    Input-on-Current-Project
    Last edited by nycnoob; 11-18-2016 at 04:05 PM.

Man, I love IDPA but even I know that IDPA Master is meaningless when a A/B class dude can outgun you in almost every metric.

User Tag List