Page 45 of 48 FirstFirst ... 354344454647 ... LastLast

Thread: New IDPA Rules

Site Supporter
    Maybe these http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2...ts-glock-40sw/

will help me avoid a 10 pointer for too many rounds - which I managed to do a couple of weeks ago!

Strange question but, did they do away with the failure to neutralize? I did a search and cannot find it in the 2017 rules.

No, it's still there. Not sure what the point is anymore, but FTN still exists.

Sent from my Infernal Contraption using Tapatalk
    IDPA SSP classification: Sharpshooter
    F.A.S.T. classification: Intermediate

I don't see the FTN in the new rule book.

just did a search of ver 2017.1a, no FTN, and no failure to neutralize anywhere in the new rules. yay!

Dammit! I distinctly remember seeing FTN in the new rules. I distinctly remember wondering what the point was with the new scoring. I guess I've got the preliminary and final versions of the rules mixed up in my brain. Again.

*sigh* Back to reading the rules again, until I remember what the *new* rule book says...

Sent from my Infernal Contraption using Tapatalk
    IDPA SSP classification: Sharpshooter
    F.A.S.T. classification: Intermediate

Site Supporter
    Shot my first match under the new rules. I hate the fault line. I don't see the problem they solved unless it was for some of the higher end matches cover call whine-fests. It seems that if one stands behind the fault lines, one can be completely uncovered to engage targets. Now, we have some of the higher ups of IDPA in our group and that's how they see it. So why even have cover? Wasn't that a main part of the IDPA rationale?

There needs to be significant COF tuning. Some of the fault lines made a left hander without a reasonable shot. On one I basically laid my gun along a barrel wall and shot the target without seeing the sights as if I tried to get my head out there, I couldn't keep in the fault line. Got only two down as I scoped it out before.

As mentioned before the end of tac sequence is flat out stupid. If there is any reality, forced double taps in all situations is not not that. The time to engage three targets with mandatory double taps as compared to single fast shots just gives an opponent in this scenario a fair amount of unhindered time to shoot you. We've decided that on some matches we are just going to set up COFs that make sense.

I doubt that there was empirical research on a level that meets modern science that determined that these new suggestions would aid anyone in surviving.

Yes, it's a game but it's altered to move away from the core (not training I know) semi-reality as compared to other sports. If it wants to be baby USPSA - say so.

Site Supporter
    Shot my first match under new rules last weekend too. I also hate the fault lines.

Site Supporter
    I forgot to mention that we have significant numbers of folks with truly bad knees (me for one). The idea if we don't get down on them causes a 10 point penalty is not going over well. The idea is to take away our unfair advantage as 3 points wasn't enough. However, I can see much uproar if matches had kneeling stages and the penalty applied. We might just not have them. I note that the new qualifier doesn't have kneeling so WTF? My unfair advantage fades as I sedately stroll around on said bad knees.

Minor fun - one jam in my Glock 17 - oops, there goes the time on that stage. One guy had a funny - there was a steel but when he shot a paper target he managed to knock it down. Then he went to shoot the steel and stopped, telling SO that someone forgot to reset it. He never noticed that it went down. Missed one head shot, I should have made - stamping my feet! Forget a double tap's second shot after a reload. Duh - done that before. Still a fun day!
    Last edited by Glenn E. Meyer; 01-21-2017 at 07:56 PM.

I love how a fault line that was poorly placed by a stage designer somehow indicates the failing of an entire rule system.
    Are you now, or have you ever been a member of the Doodie Project?

User Tag List