Page 34 of 48 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast

Thread: New IDPA Rules

Site Supporter
    Just a quick note on the CCP rule changes; I'm not reading 33 pages to see if this has been figured out yet, but.... I got to thinking, then pulled out my Beretta 92D Compact with 4.3" barrel. It looks like the new box size was custom-made to fit it in each dimension with the exception of width - measuring across the decockers on a 92G model gets me 1.5" but if the decockers were single-sided I believe you'd end up at 1.375". My D model of course is slimmer yet. Don't know the weight but would guess under 38 oz unloaded with mag. So it looks to me like the modifications to this division were made to order for the discontinued WC 92G Compact or its ilk.

Previous to now, the Compact 92's wouldn't fit the box b/c of barrel length if nothing else.

max CCP barrel length is 4.25"

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by DAB View Post
    max CCP barrel length is 4.25"
    New rules on IDPA website state 4.375".

But the height of The Box is going to be much less for CCP at 5.375" vs 6"

It is going to take a lot of measuring to see just what models they are promoting for the Niche Divisions.
    Last edited by Jim Watson; 12-01-2016 at 11:00 AM.
    Code Name: JET STREAM

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Watson View Post
    But the height of The Box is going to be much less for CCP at 5.375" vs 6"

It is going to take a lot of measuring to see just what models they are promoting for the Niche Divisions.
    Height on a 92 compact is 5.25".

Quote Originally Posted by TBone550 View Post
    New rules on IDPA website state 4.375".
    i stand corrected. thank you.

i was recalling the normal barrel length of a colt commander. doh.

Quote Originally Posted by GreggW View Post
    I don't want someone to tell me how to shoot a stage. I want to see the targets and figure it out on my own.
    ....um, we are talking IDPA here. "Figuring it out on your own" is pretty much the antithesis of what happens on an IDPA stage.

In USPSA you get to figure it out on your own, but you almost never do in IDPA.

I personally always thought that Tac Seq made little sense in most self-defense situations, but I was fine with it in IDPA matches (same as I'm fine with Virginia Count and Fixed Time stages in USPSA) because it means the stage designer can make you think.

I don't think IDPA teaches me useful self-defense tactics at all. Therefore, I do it because I think it is a fun shooting sport, and it helps my shooting skills increase by making me test them in matches. From a self-defense perspective, the ability to make the gun do what I want when other things are trying to distract me is a good skill to have, and letting the stage designers use tac sequence, tac priority, or call one hit or two hits or three hits or whatever else per target simply gives me more to think about that will potentially distract me from the important parts--and that's good practice to have.

The only thing about IDPA that makes me roll my eyes is when people claim it is self-defense training. And take it Seriously(tm) because it is Real Life Training(tm).

Quote Originally Posted by jthhapkido View Post

. And take it Seriously(tm) because it is Real Life Training(tm).
    Maybe people who have no experience in Real Life need Real Life Training?
    "You can't win a war with choirboys. " Mad Mike Hoare

Quote Originally Posted by NEPAKevin View Post
    Maybe people who have no experience in Real Life need Real Life Training?
    Here are some ideas for their next rules update:
    1) Shooting a no-shoot target should get you banned from IDPA for 3 years .
    2) If you got a mike on a stage - you did not neutralize all the threats completely, thus you got killed - that is you are banned from IDPA for 3 years
    3) Each stage should some time limit to finish it so a competitor does not take forever to complete it. Failure to complete a stage within the time limit should mean that you are too slow and got killed - you are banned form IDPA for 3 years.
    Real Life (TM) training!

Quote Originally Posted by cheby View Post
    Here are some ideas for their next rules update:
    1) Shooting a no-shoot target should get you banned from IDPA for 3 years .
    2) If you got a mike on a stage - you did not neutralize all the threats completely, thus you got killed - that is you are banned from IDPA for 3 years
    3) Each stage should some time limit to finish it so a competitor does not take forever to complete it. Failure to complete a stage within the time limit should mean that you are too slow and got killed - you are banned form IDPA for 3 years.
    Real Life (TM) training!
    4) Each stage's time limit is determined for the individual shooter by random drawing by the safety officer at the start of the stage. At the end the shooter is informed if they were killed (in the streets), and thus banned from IDPA for 3 years.
    TY83544

User Tag List