Page 22 of 48 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast

Thread: New IDPA Rules

Quote Originally Posted by Zincwarrior View Post
    Er..maybe because its a thread about IDPA and rules changes, not what sucks about IDPA and why USPSA is so much better.
    A few of the changes are potentially pretty retarded. It seems to be a running theme with IDPA, which is why there's conversation about it.

It is very disappointing to say the least. They could have made it an interesting, different game.
    Semper Gumby, Always Flexible

Which begs the question, what direction would PF types like to see IDPA head towards?

Quote Originally Posted by busdriver View Post
    Which begs the question, what direction would PF types like to see IDPA head towards?
    Honestly I'd be pretty happy if they just allowed AIWB. I really don't see why it's a problem. If someone shows up with a sketchy holster, don't let them shoot. If they don't reholster safely, give them one warning to figure out a better way and if it happens again, don't let them finish a match.

That's the only thing that keeps me from shooting. There's other things I mildly disagree with but I don't find them so off putting that it keeps me out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nearest USPSA match is 51 minutes from my house. IDPA club is 10 minutes. I have a wife in school and an infant. Guess which one I'm shooting? (If you said neither, that's just cruel, but close to the truth)
    • It's not the odds, it's the stakes.
    • If you aren't dry practicing every week, you're not serious.....
    • "Tache-Psyche Effect - a polite way of saying 'You suck.' " - GG

Just let me shoot from AIWB

Keep the second per point down scoring; I like the emphasis on accuracy.

Consolidate SSP, ESP, CDP, and CCP into one division with a list of permissible mods and have at it. If a shooter choses to limit themselves to an 8-round pistol thats their choice. The single action triggers and the spirit of John Browning will more than make up for it.
    I had an ER nurse in a class. I noticed she kept taking all head shots. Her response when asked why, "'I've seen too many people who have been shot in the chest putting up a fight in the ER." Point taken.

+1 Let me use AIWB

I'd also like more rounds in a mag but that would require a lot more changes.

Actually allow normal carry gear. AIWB or at least holsters forward of 3:00, along with mag pouches. Allow for mods that are more practical for carry these days. If I go around and look at what's said to be a carry gun by most younger shooters they'd be told to go pound sand by IDPA. As an organization that allegedly cares about the defensive shooter they've told all the new blood to GTFO. SSP should remain SSP but ESP should be wide open for what is enhanced in 2016. Hell, if they capped it at what was considered enhanced in 2010 they'd open lots of doors for people.

Vests... Some people do wear them but why not limit it to real clothing brands? Cut the competition gear outta the mix. Filson vest? North Face? Orvis? Sure... Something that's made specifically for IDPA... nope, get that gamer shit outta here.

Quote Originally Posted by jlw View Post
    Keep the second per point down scoring; I like the emphasis on accuracy.

Consolidate SSP, ESP, CDP, and CCP into one division with a list of permissible mods and have at it. If a shooter choses to limit themselves to an 8-round pistol thats their choice. The single action triggers and the spirit of John Browning will more than make up for it.
    Gotta have the point per second.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Quote Originally Posted by jlw View Post
    If a shooter choses to limit themselves to an 8-round pistol thats their choice. The single action triggers and the spirit of John Browning will more than make up for it.
    That's just cold right there.

And I'm OK with it if I get to calibrate the steel.
    • It's not the odds, it's the stakes.
    • If you aren't dry practicing every week, you're not serious.....
    • "Tache-Psyche Effect - a polite way of saying 'You suck.' " - GG

Quote Originally Posted by orionz06 View Post
    Actually allow normal carry gear. AIWB or at least holsters forward of 3:00, along with mag pouches. Allow for mods that are more practical for carry these days. If I go around and look at what's said to be a carry gun by most younger shooters they'd be told to go pound sand by IDPA. As an organization that allegedly cares about the defensive shooter they've told all the new blood to GTFO. SSP should remain SSP but ESP should be wide open for what is enhanced in 2016. Hell, if they capped it at what was considered enhanced in 2010 they'd open lots of doors for people.

Vests... Some people do wear them but why not limit it to real clothing brands? Cut the competition gear outta the mix. Filson vest? North Face? Orvis? Sure... Something that's made specifically for IDPA... nope, get that gamer shit outta here.

Gotta have the point per second.

Largely agree. But I fear that the AIWB will be a while before IDPA HQ are comfortable enough with novice shooters rolling that way. Not that it is right or wrong, it is just how it is. If nothing else they could do AIWB as an "Expert or above" level thing (who knows maybe they'd go for that).

As to vests... I wore a T shirt as a cover garment with an IWB holster at the 2014 Nationals and people looked at me like I had 2 heads and tentacles. About half the SOs asked me if I "forgot something" and looked genuinely surprised when I pulled my shirt up to reveal my pistol. When they did the equipment check the checker commented about my gear "Ahh a REAL concealed carry guy".

Back in the early days you couldn't wear "sponsor" gear or even camo...I wouldn't mind seeing that return. But as it stands now to be the most competitive you really need to go with the starched Armadillo Concealment vest which is COMPLETELY inappropriate for real world concealed carry but is a purpose built gaming device. And sponsors like to advertise so we have vests that look like Nascar cars with all the advertisers patches.... and even people who are not sponsored wear the same "spiderman " shirts with gun company names on them I guess so they don't feel left out....it is truly puzzling.

And a little grip stippling on an otherwise stock G17 should not put you in ESP when it doesn't for a SW M&P. Grip stippling on Glocks (and everything) is FAR more prevalent now than it was in 1996. The MP gets away with it because the panels are "removable". But not OK on Glock since they are not. Yet everyone and their brother now has grips on carry guns stippled......

And as far as the 1 second per point I'm fine with that.
    Last edited by Randy Harris; 11-26-2016 at 11:15 AM.

User Tag List