Page 5 of 48 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: New IDPA Rules

Quote Originally Posted by Zincwarrior View Post
    Now you're just trying to make feel bad aren't you.
    Sadly, he's not wrong. IDPA is too easy.

Quote Originally Posted by Peally View Post
    Master was already fairly easy to get, I'm a little perplexed that they made it even easier. IDPA desperately needs something above master that isn't that useless DM class.
    I don't see the new classifier as being easier. I see it as being much harder. I set it up here at home and ran it 3 times today with different guns. This is Bulls eye shooting now. No combat shooting about it. The points down will kill you. I thought I was a 5 Gun Master. It turns out that I am a SS with the new classifier. I shot it again, being much more deliberate and barely squeaked out an EX score.

I am going to replace the combat sights on my pistol with target sights. I might switch from my beloved Glocks to something with more of a target trigger.

I had thought about going for my last Master classification in CCP. Forget about it.

This one second scoring is going to completely change the IDPA game.

Quote Originally Posted by John Hearne View Post
    Just did a quick browse. I'm really wondering about this one:
    "6.9.2 Blind stages are not allowed in IDPA, additionally, moveable non-threat indicators are not allowed."

Really? That seems profoundly stupid for all matches regardless of level. Any idea how long has this been the case?
    It has been that way for 10 years, thanks to Ben Stoeger. The trolling on the thread is epic: http://www.wisconsinshooters.com/php...&t=484&start=0

Quote Originally Posted by Zincwarrior View Post
    Now you're just trying to make feel bad aren't you.
    I'm not trying to bust your ass at all, it's just widely known that Master in IDPA is roughly equivalent to the high half of B class. IDPA M basically means nothing, it doesn't accurately indicate anything at all about someone's level of progression since it's so incredibly vague. It honestly needs to be split into two or three classifications.
    Semper Gumby, Always Flexible

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Nesbitt View Post
    I don't see the new classifier as being easier. I see it as being much harder. I set it up here at home and ran it 3 times today with different guns. This is Bulls eye shooting now. No combat shooting about it. The points down will kill you. I thought I was a 5 Gun Master. It turns out that I am a SS with the new classifier. I shot it again, being much more deliberate and barely squeaked out an EX score.

I am going to replace the combat sights on my pistol with target sights. I might switch from my beloved Glocks to something with more of a target trigger.

I had thought about going for my last Master classification in CCP. Forget about it.

Interesting input. A buddy of mine that's a solid high SS in CDP tried it out and blasted out a master time (and ended up expert after points down). With no real shooting at distance it now seems to be all about blasting close up targets.

I'd try it out but I'm lazy and uninterested in burning an afternoon on it. Maybe some others here will try it instead
    Last edited by Peally; 11-15-2016 at 06:06 PM.
    Semper Gumby, Always Flexible

Had you previously made MA via the classifier or match bumps?
    I had an ER nurse in a class. I noticed she kept taking all head shots. Her response when asked why, "'I've seen too many people who have been shot in the chest putting up a fight in the ER." Point taken.

Quote Originally Posted by jlw View Post
    Had you previously made MA via the classifier or match bumps?
    My first Master classification was when I won Exp SSP at the Nationals in about 2000. I got Master ESP by shooting the classifier soon afterwards.The rest were by shooting the classifier. It has taken 15 years to get all but CCP because I wasn't shooting the divisions often. As recently as Oct 13 this year I shot a Master CCP score in practice. This spring I shot a Master score in BUG at a match to get that classification official.

The one second per point is huge. I dropped a head shot on my first run by over prepping the trigger. That was 5 seconds added to my score. This is not self defense shooting. It is target shooting. You must get the minus zero area or you are screwed.

Over the last year, I have shot the old classifier several times in practice. My scores have always been from high EXP to lower Master.

I think that with some practice on these stages I can improve my scores. This is going to kill the inaccurate shooters.

My first Master classification was when I won Exp SSP at the Nationals in about 2000. I got Master ESP by shooting the classifier soon afterwards.The rest were by shooting the classifier. It has taken 15 years to get all but CCP because I wasn't shooting the divisions often. As recently as Oct 13 this year I shot a Master CCP score in practice. This spring I shot a Master score in BUG at a match to get that classification official.

The one second per point is huge. I dropped a head shot on my first run by over prepping the trigger. That was 5 seconds added to my score. This is not self defense shooting. It is target shooting. You must get the minus zero area or you are screwed.

Over the last year, I have shot the old classifier several times in practice. My scores have always been from high EXP to lower Master.

I think that with some practice on these stages I can improve my scores. This is going to kill the inaccurate shooters.

Stage 3 always got me. I haven't classified since 2013 though; prior to my jumping on the open enrollment training carousel.
    I had an ER nurse in a class. I noticed she kept taking all head shots. Her response when asked why, "'I've seen too many people who have been shot in the chest putting up a fight in the ER." Point taken.

Quote Originally Posted by jlw View Post
    Stage 3 always got me. I haven't classified since 2013 though; prior to my jumping on the open enrollment training carousel.
    From shooting the classifier over and over and over and over and over again for a project on making 5-Gun master, just looking at this new classifier, it is much, much easier as a shooting test. Changing the points down to -1 doesn't actually make that big a difference, because if you wanted to wreck shop on the OG classifier you needed to shoot it relatively clean anyway. Now the margin for error is a little bit smaller, but they've also tremendously reduced the amount of shooting that you do at 20 yards, which is what used to cause people the most problems anyway.

Now I'm saying this not having actually shot the new classifier (and not really having any desire to), but a cursory examination makes this look a lot easier to me.

I've never shot either, but I really want too.
    i used to wannabe

User Tag List