Page 4 of 48 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: New IDPA Rules

I understand why IDPA would not allow shoulder or small of back holsters, but I cannot get why appendix carry is still out. Among the younger/thinner crowd there is a very high percentage of guys who carry this way. If IDPA is supposed to be more "real world" they should allow this. It seems that from a marketing and participation point of view this would help grow the sport. Being able to shoot without the goofy vest would be a major plus right off the bat.

^^ I was told by my local IDPA MD because "under pressure you will shoot yourself". Told him I competed in uspsa from concealed appendix for a few months and managed to live, and if his game wouldn't allow me to carry the way I do everyday then that was fine.

Such a dumb rule, but generally the suckier shooters will be found at idpa matches so maybe they might shoot themselves.
    i used to wannabe

IDPA was originally made to get away from the "gamer" USPSA game. Unfortunately it turns out people are realizing with divisions like Production it's just fine for what skills are actually possible to test and measure, tactical shooting or not.
    Semper Gumby, Always Flexible

Fault lines and cover calls combined make my head hurt. I also don't understand making required retention reloads part of the game. If you want me to reload more set the stage up so I have to. Leave the penalty in there for loaded magazines on the ground. I'm okay with that. Just don't tell me I have to remove a magazine with rounds in it and replace it with another magazine while holding onto the original magazine. I promise, we are all more "tactically" tactical if we don't Tim.

Quote Originally Posted by Luke View Post

Such a dumb rule, but generally the suckier shooters will be found at idpa matches
    Do you ever get the feeling someone is talking about you...

"Sorry Zinc but the blind guy still beat you, despite having the seizure mid stage."

Quote Originally Posted by GreggW View Post
    Fault lines and cover calls combined make my head hurt. I also don't understand making required retention reloads part of the game. If you want me to reload more set the stage up so I have to. Leave the penalty in there for loaded magazines on the ground. I'm okay with that. Just don't tell me I have to remove a magazine with rounds in it and replace it with another magazine while holding onto the original magazine. I promise, we are all more "tactically" tactical if we don't Tim.
    Remember, you still need to save the magazine from the gun if there's a round in the chamber, empty magazine or not.

Wonder if they changed that.

With the different classifier and new scoring rules, they need to wipe the classification database of everything below master, or they need to let whatever people shoot on the new classifier be prevailing even if it means people go down in classification. That's not a commentary on the difficulty level of the new classifier; just that it is different.
    I had an ER nurse in a class. I noticed she kept taking all head shots. Her response when asked why, "'I've seen too many people who have been shot in the chest putting up a fight in the ER." Point taken.

Just did a quick browse. I'm really wondering about this one:
    "6.9.2 Blind stages are not allowed in IDPA, additionally, moveable non-threat indicators are not allowed."

Really? That seems profoundly stupid for all matches regardless of level. Any idea how long has this been the case?
    • It's not the odds, it's the stakes.
    • If you aren't dry practicing every week, you're not serious.....
    • "Tache-Psyche Effect - a polite way of saying 'You suck.' " - GG

Quote Originally Posted by jlw View Post
    With the different classifier and new scoring rules, they need to wipe the classification database of everything below master, or they need to let whatever people shoot on the new classifier be prevailing even if it means people go down in classification. That's not a commentary on the difficulty level of the new classifier; just that it is different.
    Master was already fairly easy to get, I'm a little perplexed that they made it even easier. IDPA desperately needs something above master that isn't that useless DM class.

Master was already fairly easy to get, I'm a little perplexed that they made it even easier.
    Now you're just trying to make feel bad aren't you.

User Tag List