Page 3 of 59 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: New CZ P10C released Thanksgiving 2016

The idea of a lighter and lighter trigger being a good idea on a striker gun is a trend that I don't see reversing sadly

Delta Busta Kappa fratboy Hot Sauce's Avatar
    So it's basically Czech PPQ more or less.
    Gaming will get you killed in the streets. Dueling will get you killed in the fields.
    -Alexander Hamilton

Quote Originally Posted by Kirk View Post
    "Best stock striker fired trigger I've ever felt!!"

Lol. This is so easy for companies now. Pre-set the striker and lower pull weight to 4-4.5lbs and OMGZ DAT STOCK TRIGGER THO.
    Quote Originally Posted by breakingtime91 View Post
    The idea of a lighter and lighter trigger being a good idea on a striker gun is a trend that I don't see reversing sadly
    Quote Originally Posted by Hot Sauce View Post
    So it's basically Czech PPQ more or less.
    The reset actually looked pretty good
    Is being PPQ like a bad thing? I'd actually consider getting the full size version of this if and when it comes out since it would fix the issues I have with the PPQ (ergos, magwell size, bore axis)

Delta Busta Kappa fratboy Hot Sauce's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pastaslinger View Post
    Is being PPQ like a bad thing? I'd actually consider getting the full size version of this if and when it comes out since it would fix the issues I have with the PPQ (ergos, magwell size, bore axis)
    All depends on what you want.
    Gaming will get you killed in the streets. Dueling will get you killed in the fields.
    -Alexander Hamilton

Trigger is too light for many to feel comfortable carrying it. Ernest had a good line on light weight pre_cocked strikers being like a 1911 with a light weight trigger having no manual or grip safety.
    Last edited by breakingtime91; 11-24-2016 at 01:04 PM.

To me, that would depend on the trigger travel.

I really like the PPQ because it has such a light, crisp trigger with a LOT of travel. It is like a light LEM sans the visual and admin benefits of a hammer.

Do we know if this thing uses P07 mags or something else?

The Mac video said it is a p07 mag body with an extra cut so the new ones work in both but the old mags dont work in the new gun (unless you were to add the cut)

Also, I sort of get the sentiment with too light a trigger but to me a good kydex holster is a safety in a sense. I wish a company would do a da/sa striker gun like the p99 but updated

Site Supporter
    The Mac video said it is a p07 mag body with an extra cut so the new ones work in both but the old mags dont work in the new gun (unless you were to add the cut)

Also, I sort of get the sentiment with too light a trigger but to me a good kydex holster is a safety in a sense. I wish a company would do a da/sa striker gun like the p99 but updated
    A P99 with a true DA/SA trigger (no AS) and a striker you can thumb when holstering.

Quote Originally Posted by breakingtime91 View Post
    Don't forget, it also has the shortest reset on a striker fired gun ever. Those seemed to be the big selling points for the gun. When you are a gun writer or reviewer you have to have something more to say than, 'just another striker fired polymer framed handgun".

Shorter, lighter triggers make it easier to shoot stuff with. There are many folks that prioritize easy to shoot triggers over triggers that are harder to shoot yourself with.

I would always take DA/SA or LEM over a striker for admin safety, and it possible that CZ decided they already have the P07/09 for those of that bent.

Look forward to handling the new CZ.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

User Tag List