Page 26 of 59 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast

Thread: New CZ P10C released Thanksgiving 2016

Got one of these the other day. I was pretty excited to grab one up; seems like a pretty good deal for $100 less than a G19. I found a lot to love about the P-07 and was hoping the P-10 C would be a striker-fired upgrade. First the pros:
    -Very good short, smooth trigger out of the box. Not as light as the pre-production reports, but it should shoot in very nicely. Factory pull was about 4.75 lbs; dicking around with reduced-power Glock striker springs got that close to 4 lbs, but I expect the factory setup to shoot in well.
    -It sits in the hand and points like a CZ; better than any other plastic pistol I can think of. Draw to the target eyes closed, open them and the sights are spot on. Aggressive grip texture.
    -Factory 3-dot sights are fine; I'm fussy about sights and will swap these out for the F/O front, black rear I have on my P-07 (CZ Custom).
    -Even though this pistol lacks the "CZ reverse rail" setup, it is very accurate. A plus is that there is more surface area on the slide, so manipulation is easier than the P-07.
    -I'm ambivalent about this, but some will be happy that the slide "autoforwards" on reloads.
    -Magwell is P-07-like; very fast.
    -200 rounds of American Eagle 147 ball, 50 rounds with lighter striker spring, no FTF. No malfunctions of any kind.
    -Fits the following G19 holsters: JMK George, Mitch Rosen Upper Limit, Raven Phantom, Fricke Gideon, Blade-Tech OWB.
    -1st 5 rounds from sitting at 25 yards: 1 5/8".
    Cons:
    -Aggressive grip texture is very sharp; I will lightly sand it and it will be perfect for me.
    -Mag release is now ambi with a slot cut high in the front of the mag body. One of the great things about the P-07 is that the empty mag ejects robustly from the pistol without a lot of mag release button pressure. This pistol, IMO, is a big step back in this regard. If you push the button in and don't release it immediately, the mag will stay in the gun. Push and release, and the mag drops out, just not as easily as I would like. The P-10 mag button is metal and has a smaller pad than the P-07, for instance. Just not happy with this.

All in all, this is an impressive pistol, especially at this price point. I need to get a few more mags and work with the mag release and see if I can get comfortable with it.

Name:  P10.jpg
Views: 672
Size:  37.3 KB

Quote Originally Posted by SteveB View Post
    Got one of these the other day. I was pretty excited to grab one up; seems like a pretty good deal for $100 less than a G19. I found a lot to love about the P-07 and was hoping the P-10 C would be a striker-fired upgrade. First the pros:
    -Very good short, smooth trigger out of the box. Not as light as the pre-production reports, but it should shoot in very nicely. Factory pull was about 4.75 lbs; dicking around with reduced-power Glock striker springs got that close to 4 lbs, but I expect the factory setup to shoot in well.
    -It sits in the hand and points like a CZ; better than any other plastic pistol I can think of. Draw to the target eyes closed, open them and the sights are spot on. Aggressive grip texture.
    -Factory 3-dot sights are fine; I'm fussy about sights and will swap these out for the F/O front, black rear I have on my P-07 (CZ Custom).
    -Even though this pistol lacks the "CZ reverse rail" setup, it is very accurate. A plus is that there is more surface area on the slide, so manipulation is easier than the P-07.
    -I'm ambivalent about this, but some will be happy that the slide "autoforwards" on reloads.
    -Magwell is P-07-like; very fast.
    -200 rounds of American Eagle 147 ball, 50 rounds with lighter striker spring, no FTF. No malfunctions of any kind.
    -Fits the following G19 holsters: JMK George, Mitch Rosen Upper Limit, Raven Phantom, Fricke Gideon, Blade-Tech OWB.
    -1st 5 rounds from sitting at 25 yards: 1 5/8".
    Cons:
    -Aggressive grip texture is very sharp; I will lightly sand it and it will be perfect for me.
    -Mag release is now ambi with a slot cut high in the front of the mag body. One of the great things about the P-07 is that the empty mag ejects robustly from the pistol without a lot of mag release button pressure. This pistol, IMO, is a big step back in this regard. If you push the button in and don't release it immediately, the mag will stay in the gun. Push and release, and the mag drops out, just not as easily as I would like. The P-10 mag button is metal and has a smaller pad than the P-07, for instance. Just not happy with this.

All in all, this is an impressive pistol, especially at this price point. I need to get a few more mags and work with the mag release and see if I can get comfortable with it.

Name:  P10.jpg
Views: 672
Size:  37.3 KB
    The stiff mag button is often cited in reviews of the P10C. Most report it gets better with use and one reviewer used a Glock striker safety plunger spring in place of the P10C magazine button spring which worked and greatly lightened the pressure needed but also later caused too easy release of the mag.

Thanks for the review.

I continue to be impressed with the P-10C, and can now sort of clear up the magazine release problem I mentioned above. I had the chance to shoot my P-10 with standard capacity (15-round) mags, and there is no problem with the mag release. The 15's drop out of the gun perfectly, like all my other CZ's have always done, but the 10's are balky. So, with this sample of one pistol, two 15-rd mags work great, two 10-rd mags don't.

I continue to be impressed with the P-10C, and can now sort of clear up the magazine release problem I mentioned above. I had the chance to shoot my P-10 with standard capacity (15-round) mags, and there is no problem with the mag release. The 15's drop out of the gun perfectly, like all my other CZ's have always done, but the 10's are balky. So, with this sample of one pistol, two 15-rd mags work great, two 10-rd mags don't.
    Can't wait to hear how it runs long term...

So is that to say that they don't drop free reliably or something else? How are the 10 rounders limited to 10 rounds?

Sent from mah smertfone using tapathingy

Unless a current Gadget can drop right in, then you are more right than wrong on my card because I took the writer to mean clone clone.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

FWIW, I watched a "detail strip" video on YT, and while the mechanical concept may be very similar, the CZ has a lot more parts, the double trigger springs, and appeared to this doush of a gun "mechanic," to be much more complicated to tinker with than my Glocks. Maybe more time and experience will prove otherwise.

I just picked up my P10C a couple of days ago and I've blacked out the rear sights, put 310 rounds through it and cleaned it three times...so far so good.

George
    Last edited by walker2713; 06-17-2017 at 05:38 AM.
    Gun Free Zones Aren’t an Inhibition….they’re an Invitation.

Quote Originally Posted by spinmove_ View Post
    So is that to say that they don't drop free reliably or something else? How are the 10 rounders limited to 10 rounds?

Sent from mah smertfone using tapathingy
    I handled one, and couldn't get the 15 round mags to reliably drop.

Buddy bought one to test out and has sent it back to CZ. It was failing to reset. Not just once in awhile but a lot.
    “If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

Quote Originally Posted by walker2713 View Post
    FWIW, I watched a "detail strip" video on YT, and while the mechanical concept may be very similar, the CZ has a lot more parts, the double trigger springs, and appeared to this doush of a gun "mechanic," to be much more complicated to tinker with than my Glocks. Maybe more time and experience will prove otherwise.

I just picked up my P10C a couple of days ago and I've blacked out the rear sights, put 310 rounds through it and cleaned it three times...so far so good.

George
    Looking at the exploded drawing that is in the P-10's manual, The CZ has 38 parts, 39 counting the mag, I think that Glock has 32..I would'nt say that's "a lot more parts" by compairsion, a VP9, has something like 56 parts, so, I'd say the Cz is more in line with Glock..

User Tag List