Page 7 of 59 FirstFirst ... 567891757 ... LastLast

Thread: New CZ P10C released Thanksgiving 2016

Quote Originally Posted by TYR View Post
    Glock killa = Caracal, Arsenal Strike One, Canik TP 9, etc. [emoji41]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Ain't no Glock killas once I get my paws on The Gadget. (Or even before, imho, but I'm just a simple man with simple needs.)
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by TYR View Post
    Glock killa = Caracal, Arsenal Strike One, Canik TP 9, etc. [emoji41]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Beretta APX!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

A Glock killer won't occur until technology makes an advancement. People will buy it because it isn't a Glock and they get bored quickly. Hence the pistol fads on here over the years.

Yawn until someone has a non-reciprocating hard mount that's low profile for mrds.

Quote Originally Posted by Trajan View Post
    A Glock killer won't occur until technology makes an advancement. People will buy it because it isn't a Glock and they get bored quickly. Hence the pistol fads on here over the years.

Yawn until someone has a non-reciprocating hard mount that's low profile for mrds.
    Glock killer is the tall order. What does it mean for the VP9?
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Delta Busta Kappa fratboy Hot Sauce's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    So might this street price be down near $400? That would be disruptive.
    P07 is usually around $400 or even less sometimes, and hammer guns are typically more expensive to manufacture than striker fired ones.
    Gaming will get you killed in the streets. Dueling will get you killed in the fields.
    -Alexander Hamilton

I would actually have to concur it is a technology plateau problem here, but a man can dream...

I would argue that the search for the category lead replacement is really about the problems at the margins with the existing lead. It is a good 80% to 90% solution - but there is marginal evolution to be wrung out, and we are better off to chase these innovations than to accept it standing still. Otherwise, we would be wearing some sort of 1911, with sights from the dark ages, and limited to ammunition with ball profile on the pain of FTF.

I would settle for a true 5th gen Glock 19, with proper undercut, proper grip frame options (not just backstrap), and no BTF worries....

If that happened to be a tweaked VP9 (or P320, or a CZ, or ... or ...or ...) I would not cry and would not hesitate for a minute once the platform was proven and the aftermarket for holsters, lights, etc caught up. But hasn't happened yet.

Stupid question, not to cause thread drift.

Why do more manufacturers not add manual safetys on their pre-cocked SFAs? It adds virtually 0 time to anyone's draw, but enhances safety and peace of mind. Just never understood why manufacturers will add a safety to a DA/SA, yet leave their SFAs with nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by abu fitna View Post
    I would actually have to concur it is a technology plateau problem here, but a man can dream...

I would argue that the search for the category lead replacement is really about the problems at the margins with the existing lead. It is a good 80% to 90% solution - but there is marginal evolution to be wrung out, and we are better off to chase these innovations than to accept it standing still. Otherwise, we would be wearing some sort of 1911, with sights from the dark ages, and limited to ammunition with ball profile on the pain of FTF.

I would settle for a true 5th gen Glock 19, with proper undercut, proper grip frame options (not just backstrap), and no BTF worries....

If that happened to be a tweaked VP9 (or P320, or a CZ, or ... or ...or ...) I would not cry and would not hesitate for a minute once the platform was proven and the aftermarket for holsters, lights, etc caught up. But hasn't happened yet.
    The problem is that your 1911 analogy is inaccurate. The jump from M1911a1 to 2011 open guns was a huge shift. A shift that is still making impacts on carry guns today (look at the Timmie's building them, but were the first to talk down to gamers).

Minor upgrades that only effect some such as under cut trigger guards doesn't constitute a shift in technology. Look at all the people the clung to m1911a1s and M&P revolvers when you could get a real gun with real sights (bomars or S&W adjustable). Wasn't enough of a performance change for then to change over. Not like having 15 rounds in the gun.

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Sauce View Post
    Did he make a distinction between 100% pre-cocked striker guns and half-cocked ones like a Glock? My impression was that he was talking about SFA guns in general.
    I agree that many of his remarks are about SFA guns in general and apply to the Glock, but it seemed to me that he called out the recently introduced 100% cocked guns in particular. He talks about how that if you were to remove the manual safety from the AR15, people would say you're nuts...

"But the striker fired guns that are being launched on the market right now are exactly that. They have no safety on them and they are fully cocked, if not fully cocked then nearly fully cocked, with no other safety - external safety - at all."

As an aside, Seeklander has really done some great interviews.

A Glock killer won't occur until technology makes an advancement.
    Until the tech dramatically changes, the only thing that can kill Glock is Glock. When does the patent run out? I expect to see every 1911 and AR manufacturer start churning out their own Glocks. We'll have Colt Glocks, SIG Glocks, Springfield Glocks, S&W Glocks, Remington Glocks, Ruger Glocks...not that everyone isn't trying their hardest to do exactly this already.

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    What does it mean for the VP9?
    How does it perform in dirt tests?
    Last edited by JSGlock34; 11-25-2016 at 09:33 PM.
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

One important distinction between an AR without a thumb safety and a no safety, precocked striker, of course being the striker is carried in a holster that covers the trigger.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

User Tag List