Page 52 of 59 FirstFirst ... 2425051525354 ... LastLast

Thread: New CZ P10C released Thanksgiving 2016

http://cz-usa.com/company/contact/

As suggested in the P320 debacle contact the manufacturer and give them an opportunity to address the issue instead of just complaining on the internet. I just sent my concerns to them including links to Omaha Outdoors YT video and a link to this thread noting post #517 as the start.

I just tried getting my 2 P10s to replicate the issue. I was able to do it on one gun if I pushed the striker tab over firmly( harder than I wanted to push) to the side opposite the extractor. The slide would hang up on the rear of the ejector housing directly behind the ejector. I had to slowly let the slide forward to get it to stay out of battery. If I racked the slide firmly it immediately resolved the issue. On my other P10 C I was not able to replicate the issue even with much harder pushing on the striker tab trying to rotate it in either direction.

I also pointed out the less than snug rear slide cover plate issue even though I have had no issues with either of my guns and cannot replicate the cover plate moving low enough to cause any issue.

Quote Originally Posted by octagon View Post
    http://cz-usa.com/company/contact/

As suggested in the P320 debacle contact the manufacturer and give them an opportunity to address the issue instead of just complaining on the internet. I just sent my concerns to them including links to Omaha Outdoors YT video and a link to this thread noting post #517 as the start.

I just tried getting my 2 P10s to replicate the issue. I was able to do it on one gun if I pushed the striker tab over firmly( harder than I wanted to push) to the side opposite the extractor. The slide would hang up on the rear of the ejector housing directly behind the ejector. I had to slowly let the slide forward to get it to stay out of battery. If I racked the slide firmly it immediately resolved the issue. On my other P10 C I was not able to replicate the issue even with much harder pushing on the striker tab trying to rotate it in either direction.

I also pointed out the less than snug rear slide cover plate issue even though I have had no issues with either of my guns and cannot replicate the cover plate moving low enough to cause any issue.
    While I agree with you on contacting the manfacturer, I do think it would be prudent for anyone carrying a P-10 to put it in the safe until the issue gets resolved.. In the OO vid the pistol was racked several times before it straightened itself out, a no-go for a carry gun. The potential is there for this to happen while you are firing. I hope CZ is working on a fix, I really do believe this pistol has potential, but, this is a bit dissapointing to say the least.

I have yet to carry either CZ P10 C for defense purposes but I have ran it for 3 schools and will take both to a 4 day school I am going to mid month. They both have run flawlessly and I still don't have any hesitation in using them for schools and range use. Defense I am not as confident but that was the case with any truly new design. I am also not going to carry my APX which also has been 100% reliable.

A couple points of note about the OO video. The guy milks the slide on each slide rack he does once the problem happens and 3 times after it is fully into battery on the range portion. The gun was also modified and may be an early or later production which could contribute to the problem or not. My point is that even though a problem can be reproduced in some guns it is odd enough for me not to just put the gun away,wait and hope for a fix from CZ. I would be more concerned if unmodified P 10 Cs were having the issue when firing live ammo not dry fire,milking the slide or on initial loading with a sample of one.

That is not to say I don't think there is a potential serious issue that CZ should immediately address and must before I carry the gun for defense purposes. Nor am ungreatful for OO for documenting their discovery of the issue. I just prefer to keep the issue in perspective. It doesn't add any risk to my safety,hasn't happened when shooting the gun or to my guns without careful inducing it which I don't see happening in any actual use, and it can be easily rectified if I wanted to bevel (modify) the gun which I prefer not to. I am giving CZ a chance to make it right. If they don't or try to hide the issue,refuse to address the issue or handle it like Sig did their P320 problem I will get rid of the guns and write off CZ like I have SIG. That is just my response and I hope every owner that contacts CZ for a resolution.

Interesting development!

I have put my P10C aside since the Gen5 Model 19 but I've been itching to shoot it the last couple of days.

I'll check mine to see what it does or doesn't do.

It has been a very reliable pistol thus far and so far I've really liked it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I received emails from CZ regarding the striker. One has information regarding sending the gun in to CZ for inspection and repair of any parts and the other is in response to the OO video. The response email text is posted below.

Good morning,

Thank you for this information. We’ve seen this video and our big issue is that they obviously disassembled the pistol, refinished it (with Cerakote, which adds dimensions) and then reassembled it. We have no ability to assess whether they assembled the pistol correctly, altered factory tolerances or damaged parts in the process. While people can physically move the striker over to induce the failure they experienced, we have never seen it occur during firing, and we posit that this altered sample of one has most likely been damaged in such a way that is causing this malfunction.

We have seen a very small number of rear slide covers that were out of tolerance, which we have replaced under warranty.

We wish they would have performed their review on a factory original P-10 C, not one that they had modified prior to testing.

Thank you
    Cory Woods

CZ-USA
    Warranty Gunsmith
    P.O. BOX 171073
    KANSAS CITY, KS 66117
    1-800-955-4486 ext 336

Since I can only get one gun to replicate the issue shown and only manually I will send in that gun when I complete my upcoming 4 day school as I want to have both guns in case of any problems.

I wonder if they'll be adding this item to their final inspection checklist before they leave the factory?

Quote Originally Posted by octagon View Post
    I received emails from CZ regarding the striker. One has information regarding sending the gun in to CZ for inspection and repair of any parts and the other is in response to the OO video. The response email text is posted below.

Good morning,

Thank you for this information. We’ve seen this video and our big issue is that they obviously disassembled the pistol, refinished it (with Cerakote, which adds dimensions) and then reassembled it. We have no ability to assess whether they assembled the pistol correctly, altered factory tolerances or damaged parts in the process. While people can physically move the striker over to induce the failure they experienced, we have never seen it occur during firing, and we posit that this altered sample of one has most likely been damaged in such a way that is causing this malfunction.

We have seen a very small number of rear slide covers that were out of tolerance, which we have replaced under warranty.

We wish they would have performed their review on a factory original P-10 C, not one that they had modified prior to testing.

Thank you
    Cory Woods

CZ-USA
    Warranty Gunsmith
    P.O. BOX 171073
    KANSAS CITY, KS 66117
    1-800-955-4486 ext 336

Since I can only get one gun to replicate the issue shown and only manually I will send in that gun when I complete my upcoming 4 day school as I want to have both guns in case of any problems.
    This reads like a challenge to the interwebz.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

I did not want to start a new topic about this but has anyone experienced light primer strikes with their P10c? I have had 3 in the last few hundred rounds of Fiocchi 158gr 9mm. No issues with that same ammo in w
    2 other pistols and no issues with other ammo in the CZ. So I guess one could say this is an ammo issue and move on but it has left a bad taste... I want my defensive pistols to strike and ignite all ammo.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    Given the design of the affected parts, I’d bet a paycheck I can make it happen on all P10Cs.
    I'm sure you can.

My question is though, isn't that expected? If you physically and purposely move any piece of equipment into a position it was not designed for, it will fail. My question is, how common is this problem if you assemble/reassemble the gun correctly? I think that is the key. Is this something that is happening on a regular basis under normal conditions? Hopefully CZ will dummy proof that part of the gun in future models.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    It is certainly unexpected to me that an internal part of brand new, unfired, un-disassembled/reassembled gun is capable of being easily rotated in a manner that renders the gun inoperable.
    That certainly makes sense. Is this something you noticed before the video? I hope CZ fixes this before this becomes a big deal that hurts their reputation. The P10c has the potential to be a fantastic gun.

User Tag List