Page 50 of 59 FirstFirst ... 404849505152 ... LastLast

Thread: New CZ P10C released Thanksgiving 2016

Mine ran perfect but I had only gotten around 500 rounds through her and sold it. I did notice that people complained about the striker plate moving. I honestly thought nothing of it at the time. But it does make sense if it loosens up anymore. I like these guys content. Some of the stuff is ridiculous. But it is youtube. I like to take the good with the bad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by opmike View Post
    Just saw the video a few minutes ago. The movement in the striker looks like a very peculiar design flaw; why is it not completely constrained to the striker channel?
    This guy has two P10’s and one showed similar symptoms. He made some big modifications to get that one working again:

http://minivandoorgunner.blogspot.co...e-to-fire.html

Quote Originally Posted by 4gallonbucket View Post
    This guy has two P10’s and one showed similar symptoms. He made some big modifications to get that one working again:

http://minivandoorgunner.blogspot.co...e-to-fire.html

I don't have a P10 in front of me, but it looks like there's two potential issues here; one shown on the blog and one shown in the video.

1) The slide cover plate sliding down and causing the slide to hang up when returning to battery.
    2) The striker rotating in the channel, and causing the slide to hang up when returning to battery.

Quote Originally Posted by opmike View Post
    I don't have a P10 in front of me, but it looks like there's two potential issues here; one shown on the blog and one shown in the video.

1) The slide cover plate sliding down and causing the slide to hang up when returning to battery.
    2) The striker rotating in the channel, and causing the slide to hang up when returning to battery.
    I'm no engineer, but #2 strikes me as a pretty big design flaw!
    Shoot more, post less...

After seeing the video and following minivan doorgunner blog already I checked out my 2 P10-Cs to look for potential problems. I have approx 2400 rounds through one and depending on how many the previous owner fired ( I believe he said 600 ish) the second one has just shy of 2500 through it. Neither gun has had a single problem for me in dry fire or live fire(minus 1 FT Feed due to crushed case as shown in 2000 round challenge thread that was ammo related) The backing plates do move down when forced but I can't get either to not function properly even when I push down on the backing plate while slowly riding the slide forward. Neither striker moves much side to side and not enough to cause any issue when I try to induce one so far.

These are just a sample of 2 and not a ton of rounds through them but I plan to keep a close eye on these issues. I will note that minivan doorgunner has done a lot of mods and likely a lot of disassembly/reassembly when investigating numerous spring rates,trigger and other other parts. It may be part of the issue the changes and frequent disassembly/re-assembly contributing to some problems. That doesn't explain the video issue.

Hammertime
    Quote Originally Posted by MSparks909 View Post
    Interesting video from Omaha Outdoors on the P10C. Anyone else having issues with their striker rotating in the channel? First I've heard of this issue.

Thanks for that. Scratch one from the maybe list.

Quote Originally Posted by Enel View Post
    Thanks for that. Scratch one from the maybe list.
    But did it pass the drop test?
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

Nexer heard of this issue, and, so far, have'nt had a problem with mine.. What I want to know is, why did'nt they sent it back to CZUSA, and let them look at it and fix it, instead of making a video and bitching about it?

Quote Originally Posted by ralph View Post
    Nexer heard of this issue, and, so far, have'nt had a problem with mine.. What I want to know is, why did'nt they sent it back to CZUSA, and let them look at it and fix it, instead of making a video and bitching about it?
    Well their channel is to test shit and try to see if they will last. Then report said issues to the public. What would have happened if they just sent the p320 back to Sig? Instead it went viral for everyone to see.

Also that gun also was disassembled and put back together to cerakote it. So maybe there is something in that.

Quote Originally Posted by Trukinjp13 View Post
    Well their channel is to test shit and try to see if they will last. Then report said issues to the public. What would have happened if they just sent the p320 back to Sig? Instead it went viral for everyone to see.

Also that gun also was disassembled and put back together to cerakote it. So maybe there is something in that.

What I do know is, that the striker assembly in a P-10c is easy to disassemble, but difficult to reassemble correctly, I suppose it's possible that is what happened. Anyway, I'm not putting much into this, unless this issue starts popping up everywhere I'm writing it off as a possible reassembly error..I would'nt take their video too seriously... If the pistol was working before it was Cerakoted, and now it's not, that's what I'd call a clue....
    Last edited by ralph; 10-12-2017 at 09:35 AM.

User Tag List