Page 40 of 59 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast

Thread: New CZ P10C released Thanksgiving 2016

It is amazing how body specific holsters and pistols are. I spent five minutes trying to eject the magazine out of my P10-C, using my trigger finger, and just couldn't. My wife and I often have very different opinions of the ergonomics of the same pistol.

As to shooting flat, soft, whatever, I basically disregard and just go by splits. Subjectively, it felt snappier than the G4 G19, but the timer saw no issue. Fred, did you put that puppy on the timer?
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    TYR was probably limp wristing it.

I'm kidding, of course. I'm not saying this is a picture of TYR, but I'm also not saying it's not.

Attachment 18582

I do not know how to take that then....like it must be a hand cannon if that dude limp wrists it. Or, I should second guess nothing cause that dude is practically a mountain

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by TYR View Post
    -The only stoppages that I encountered this morning with the CZ P10C were unwanted mag drops, caused by my firing hand actuating the ambi mag release on the right side of the pistol. This was my main point of contention against the pistol, and want this remedied immediately.
    I ran into this on an XDM I briefly shot. It was actually the tip of my index finger on my support hand. I ended up cutting the release button down to get it out of the way.

Quote Originally Posted by Trukinjp13 View Post
    First time i have heard of someone perceiving it flippy like that. What is your take on the g19 vs the p-10c recoil wise? The mag release happened with a couple guys I know on my old fns. Be interesting if they could do a reversible one. Also worst grade beside Vickers take also lol.

Perfect example of why having so many options is great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I noticed it immediately and have stated so. Its snappier than the G19 and VP9.

Please note that I did not say "muzzle flip" as it has less than either VP9 (soft recoiling) and the G19 (my benchmark).

One has x amount of energy to dissipate and the components are:

(1) Torque
    (2) Rearward Push
    (3) Muzzle Flip
    (4) Forward Push (when slide returns to battery)

I find that (1) is only noticeable shooting small, lightweight pistols weak hand only - though I'm aware of it if my hands are sweaty using both hands.

Stock/frame geometry will be a factor, as will slide mass, recoil spring constant and pistol timing. And overall mass of the pistol, obviously.

I can "almost sleep" (over exaggeration for effect) with a VP9, less so with a G19 and even less so with the P10C. But they are all controllable 9mm service-sized pistols.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    It is amazing how body specific holsters and pistols are. I spent five minutes trying to eject the magazine out of my P10-C, using my trigger finger, and just couldn't. My wife and I often have very different opinions of the ergonomics of the same pistol.

As to shooting flat, soft, whatever, I basically disregard and just go by splits. Subjectively, it felt snappier than the G4 G19, but the timer saw no issue. Fred, did you put that puppy on the timer?
    Yes, it's relatively snappy for a 9mm pistol its size.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I bought a P10c this week. I cleaned it with degreaser, lubed it with FP-10, and dry fired most of yesterday. Slide lock/release was stiff but I could release the slide with my support thumb from the right side (I'm a lefty) without a lot of effort. I use my trigger finger to hit the mag release on my Glocks and 1911's but couldn't make it work on the P10 with a full mag in the gun. It was too stiff. If I indexed it just right, I could depress the release with my thumb but it was difficult. Other than these issues and the front and back strap texture being a little aggressive, I like how the gun feels.

I took it to the range today and fired 280 rounds. The gun didn't malfunction, felt recoil didn't seem noticeably different than my g19, and my splits were similar to my Glocks when shooting Bill Drills. I'll need more time with it to draw any conclusions but I don't think I'll be selling my Glocks anytime soon.

For giggles, I fired 10 rounds without a magazine inserted. One ejected normally, four stovepiped, and five dropped to the ground through the mag well. I guess CZ did make a Glock . The slide lock/ release did improve and is now easier to use. The mag release, not so much.

Quote Originally Posted by Caesar View Post

For giggles, I fired 10 rounds without a magazine inserted. One ejected normally, four stovepiped, and five dropped to the ground through the mag well. I guess CZ did make a Glock . The slide lock/ release did improve and is now easier to use. The mag release, not so much.
    Glad you mentioned that. Up thread I asked about the extractor design, but it didn't occur to me to ask about the one round test.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Trukinjp13 View Post
    I do not know how to take that then....like it must be a hand cannon if that dude limp wrists it. Or, I should second guess nothing cause that dude is practically a mountain
    TYR is on the left.

Last edited by LittleLebowski; 07-30-2017 at 10:17 PM.
    #RESIST

I'll be adding skateboard tape to the grip today and hitting Elite again later this week. Anyone in NOVA who wants to show up and put some rounds thru it will be more than welcome to. I really, really want to like this pistol.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by TYR View Post
    I'll be adding skateboard tape to the grip today and hitting Elite again later this week. Anyone in NOVA who wants to show up and put some rounds thru it will be more than welcome to. I really, really want to like this pistol.
    Let me know, my schedule is open starting Thursday, maybe before that as well.
    #RESIST

User Tag List