Page 39 of 59 FirstFirst ... 29373839404149 ... LastLast

Thread: New CZ P10C released Thanksgiving 2016

I would love a set of the px4cc sights on this thing! They are one of my favorite sight setups.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Doing a bit of dry practice with mine on a rainy afternoon, and grabbed my holster bin to check cross-compatibility with my array of AIWB Glock 17/19 holsters. What I found;

The P10C fit;

-JMCK "George"

-Mastermind Tactics AIWB

P10C did not fit;

-DSG AIWB holster with wing claw

-Keepers Concealment AIWB holster (the pistol went in, but was not retained sufficiently for me to carry it.

Now, this isn't a knock at all on any make/type/brand, since they are made for a different model of gun, and do a great job retaining / concealing my Glock 17's & 19's. Just my observation.....
    Last edited by Kyle Reese; 07-29-2017 at 12:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TYR View Post
    Doing a bit of dry practice with mine on a rainy afternoon, and grabbed my holster bin to check cross-compatibility with my array of AIWB Glock 17/19 holsters. What I found;

The P10C fit;

-JMCK "George"

-Mastermind Tactics AIWB

P10C did not fit;

-Keepers Concealment AIWB holster (the pistol went in, but was not retained sufficiently for me to carry it.

Now, this isn't a knock at all on any make/type/brand, since they are made for a different model of gun, and do a great job retaining / concealing my Glock 17's & 19's. Just my observation.....
    Text me about Elite, what times you're looking at going.
    #RESIST

The P10C fit;

-JMCK "George"

-Mastermind Tactics AIWB

P10C did not fit;

I suspect many "regular" shooters will think the P10-C works well enough in Glock holsters, but "particular" shooters will feel the opposite.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Range report update to 2000 round challenge. I went to the range today which I usually don't do. I usually go weekdays and during the day. Today was such a nice day and I had nothing else going on so off I went. Unfortunately it was the same idea others had and was busy. I had new batteries in the timer which did no good with all the other shooters so I didn't get any timed FAST drills as I intended. I did them in comparison with my Gen 4 Glock 19 back to back several times. The reload was smoother and felt faster but I didn't get a clean run to tell exactly what time difference there was if any or if it just felt smoother and easier. Mostly it was in dropping the mag. The button seems easier to reach and the mag just jumps out even if the gun is not perpendicular to the ground. The slide release is stiffer still than the Glock but the auto forward also can help when it does it which is most of the time.

I do like the sights on the Glock better(Spaulding front with Trijicon rear) and I did get some rounds too far right on the P10 C which it has been doing and I need to adjust them which i haven't done yet. I like the high vis front and the plainer rear. I really would like a yellow/green high visibility front and plain black rear with sizes like Trijicon HD sights but square bottom of the rear sight notch.

I used a mix of Winchester white box 124gr and Blazer brass 124gr. 200 rounds each. No malfunctions,stoppages or problems. Ejection was still very good. No blister today but I shot less rounds and didn't shoot the APX so maybe it was the APX or maybe I just shot more.

I tried shooting the P10 with my support hand index finger on the front of the trigger guard. I never use this technique as I think it can cause pulling the gun sideways but tried it anyways. The front of the trigger guard is grippier than the Glock and it allows for a secure grip but is odd feeling and may have other issues.

2 things that became more apparent than previous sessions comparing the Glock and P10. I really noticed the slimness and nice shape of the P10 compared to the Glock's more slab sided and thick grip. I also noticed how nice the stock trigger is on the P10 is compared to the Glock with OP flat trigger and - connector. The P10 feels almost as light but shorter pull,reset and less over travel. I also like the shape and feel of the trigger face better than the OP flat face.

That is 1550 rounds through it and 450 to go to complete the 2000 round challenge. I am hoping to do it early this week as I have Greg Ellifritz's course on Sat and I would like to take a clean gun or at least be able to clean it if I run into any issues. The course has plenty of retention shooting positions so it may cause problems on its own.

I shot the P10C this morning, putting 400 rounds down the pipe.

Ammunition used;
    -Sellier & Bellot 124 grain FMJ, manufactured by RUAG in Germany (150)
    -Independence aluminum cased 115 grain FMJ (150)
    -Magtech 115 grain FMJ (50)
    -Federal Hydra-Shok JHP, 124 grain, standard pressure (50)

Here are my initial impressions of the pistol;

-Perceived recoil was almost on par with my older (2012 manufacture) Walther PPQ. In other words- flippy. I do think that judicious application of skateboard tape to the tang and side of the grip may ameliorate this issue, so stay tuned on that one. I also think that a recoil spring assembly analogous to the Gen 4 Glocks, HK USPs or Beretta APX would reduce muzzle flip.

-Trigger was very smooth, with no real "wall" or grit, but this did not really help improve my shooting. Groups were really no better than my Glock 19 Gen 4 MOS.

-Sights- I hated them, and will replace them ASAP. I'd like so see Ameriglo Defoors become available.

-The only stoppages that I encountered this morning with the CZ P10C were unwanted mag drops, caused by my firing hand actuating the ambi mag release on the right side of the pistol. This was my main point of contention against the pistol, and want this remedied immediately.

I'll be emailing CZ and inquiring about any pending accessories which would permit the end user to retrofit a traditional mag release on just one side of the gun. If not, I'll be parting with this pistol post haste.

I think that overall CZ has made a nice gun here, but I think that some key revisions will be necessary if it is to become a serious contender in a saturated polymer framed, striker fired handgun market.

Overall, C+
    Last edited by Kyle Reese; 07-30-2017 at 11:54 AM.

New CZ P10C released Thanksgiving 2016

Quote Originally Posted by backtrail540 View Post
    While searching other p10c videos i found this. He seems to be doing alright with his.

Very nice. I enjoyed this video.

Pistol looks pretty good, but my guess is this shooter could probably do almost as well with a Hi Point.

I'm not familiar with the good USPSA shooters; who is this?

Separate P10C question: are any of y'all here lefties? Any reports of issues shooting the P10C ambi?

Secondary question: any thoughts on how it shoots one handed, either weak hand or strong hand?
    Last edited by RJ; 07-30-2017 at 01:15 PM. Reason: I suck at typing

Quote Originally Posted by Rich_Jenkins View Post
    Very nice. I enjoyed this video.

Pistol looks pretty good, but my guess is this shooter could probably do almost as well with a Hi Point.

I'm not familiar with the good USPSA shooters; who is this?

Separate P10C question: are any of y'all here lefties? Any reports of issues shooting the P10C ambi?

Secondary question: any thoughts on how it shoots one handed, either weak hand or strong hand?
    Not a lefty but right handed and cross eye dominant. I shot the P10 SHO and WHO for several magazines each. The sharp grip texture made each plenty easy and secure which I felt was better than even my Gen 4 Glock 19 and previous gen Glocks. The smaller circumference, grip shape and/or trigger reach compared with my usual Glock also feels good and allows for comfortable and accurate shooting as good or better than I do with the Glock but I did not shoot them back to back one handed. Some have commented on the P10 being a flat shooter. I haven't really noticed this comparing it with Glock 19 and same ammo. It doesn't recoil any more for sure but I haven't noticed it recoiling any less or at least any less muzzle rise. Maybe slightly less rearward recoil impulse but pretty close to each other. The lighter,shorter better trigger on the P10 also makes shooting it one handed easier.

I used the mag button and slide release while shooting WHO just as I would SHO but on the opposite side. They were just a touch stiffer as they get a lot less use from me being right handed but worked well for reach and were easy enough to use. I do have to adjust my grip just slightly still for reloads to hit the mag button but less than the Gen 4 Glock 19 and much less than the earlier Glocks.

I shot the P10C this morning, putting 400 rounds down the pipe.

Ammunition used;
    -Sellier & Bellot 124 grain FMJ, manufactured by RUAG in Germany (150)
    -Independence aluminum cased 115 grain FMJ (150)
    -Magtech 115 grain FMJ (50)
    -Federal Hydra-Shok JHP, 124 grain, standard pressure (50)

Here are my initial impressions of the pistol;

-Perceived recoil was almost on par with my older (2012 manufacture) Walther PPQ. In other words- flippy. I do think that judicious application of skateboard tape to the tang and side of the grip may ameliorate this issue, so stay tuned on that one. I also think that a recoil spring assembly analogous to the Gen 4 Glocks, HK USPs or Beretta APX would reduce muzzle flip.

-Trigger was very smooth, with no real "wall" or grit, but this did not really help improve my shooting. Groups were really no better than my Glock 19 Gen 4 MOS.

-Sights- I hated them, and will replace them ASAP. I'd like so see Ameriglo Defoors become available.

-The only stoppages that I encountered this morning with the CZ P10C were unwanted mag drops, caused by my firing hand actuating the ambi mag release on the right side of the pistol. This was my main point of contention against the pistol, and want this remedied immediately.

I'll be emailing CZ and inquiring about any pending accessories which would permit the end user to retrofit a traditional mag release on just one side of the gun. If not, I'll be parting with this pistol post haste.

I think that overall CZ has made a nice gun here, but I think that some key revisions will be necessary if it is to become a serious contender in a saturated polymer framed, striker fired handgun market.

Overall, C+
    First time i have heard of someone perceiving it flippy like that. What is your take on the g19 vs the p-10c recoil wise? The mag release happened with a couple guys I know on my old fns. Be interesting if they could do a reversible one. Also worst grade beside Vickers take also lol.

Perfect example of why having so many options is great.

Quote Originally Posted by Trukinjp13 View Post
    First time i have heard of someone perceiving it flippy like that. What is your take on the g19 vs the p-10c recoil wise? The mag release happened with a couple guys I know on my old fns. Be interesting if they could do a reversible one. Also worst grade beside Vickers take also lol.

Perfect example of why having so many options is great.

I think the P10c recoils pretty much like a gen 3 Glock 19, and a little more than a gen 4. Kind of splitting hairs though, none are a problem.

User Tag List