Page 57 of 59 FirstFirst ... 7475556575859 LastLast

Thread: New CZ P10C released Thanksgiving 2016

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    The Q5 does have a nice trigger, for a striker gun. I don’t get Glock knuckle but I do get Walther knuckle on my strong hand middle finger. The Q5 trigger guard has a sharp square edge just in the wrong place. No go for me.

LSP552 and GJM—I agree with you about the unforgiving trigger on Glocks. I also find Glocks, Walthers, and especially M&Ps POI more affected by grip strength than the P07. A looser grip will send a bullet high and often right or left. Hitting 50 yd plates with the P07 seems “easier”, even though it’s smaller. Of course, I’m shooting 500-1k per week with CZs right now... so there’s also the familiarity factor.

I’m curious about how the P10c compares. I haven’t spent serious time with one yet.
    Have you wrung out a Cajun P09 yet? I am shooting a P09/DP Pro as well as I have been able to shoot anything to date.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Have you wrung out a Cajun P09 yet? I am shooting a P09/DP Pro as well as I have been able to shoot anything to date.
    Not yet. I’m in Production Nirvana with my Shadow 2s, and don’t want to try anything else right now.

Really cool to hear how well it’s working for you.
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie
    Shabbat shalom, motherf***ers! --Mordechai Jefferson Carver

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    LSP552 and GJM—I agree with you about the unforgiving trigger on Glocks. I also find Glocks, Walthers, and especially M&Ps POI more affected by grip strength than the P07. A looser grip will send a bullet high and often right or left. Hitting 50 yd plates with the P07 seems “easier”, even though it’s smaller. Of course, I’m shooting 500-1k per week with CZs right now... so there’s also the familiarity factor. .
    I’ve always attributed a major portion of the grip sensitivity to weight, with grip angle and trigger characteristics as contributing factors. I’d be really interested in a plastic TDA that wasn’t as grip sensitive as the regular striker-fired suspects.

Any chance on a p10c gadget? Because that would be pretty damn awesome. Just saying. The gadget has made strikers carryable for me with zero concerns. But I do not want a Glock anymore. Well besides the g43.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    There's a chance, but the angled rear face of the striker/firing pin causes problems (it's like a wheel chock and changes the force vector due to striker movement from straight to the rear to towards the hinge pin which causes the pivoting portion of the SCD to bind and not just freely swing out of the way) with a simple Glock-style SCD. I can probably find a way to work around it and may eventually release a SCD for the P-10 C, but it's not coming anytime Soon[emoji769].

Apropos of nothing, but any chance I could talk you in to going into your Tapatalk setting and turning this off? Thanks!

Does anyone have any details about this newer version and the changes that were made? Pictures would be nice.

Thank you for the update. And yes I will for sure. Did not know that was a thing.

New p10c with the p30.

Hopefully getting her out tomorrow. Also testing the iphone tapatalk bs

Took her out for shakedown. Only got 100 rounds through her. Hot as hell outside and I was sweating like a dog. I shot it with the small backstrap since my small punch is at the shop. Only problem was too much trigger finger and grip. So medium will fix that up. Also need to then install traction/talons. Even though the grip feels abrasive, with my hands sweating so bad it was still slippery. Gun shot great and was easy to get hits with. I worked the magazine release quite a bit last night to loosen that up. The suppressor sights are nice and have a tighter sight picture.

First 20 rounds around 6 yards

Had interesting thing happen. And was instantly reminded of why a hammer or gadget is so useful. Upon reholstering gun(Empty at the time). My sweaty shirt which was tucked in got caught in the triggerguard and pinned in the holster. I was doing my normal watching as holstering but it snagged right upon entry. 2 things.

1-If I had not been paying attention it would have sent a round off if loaded. This trigger does not have much pretravel and break is light enough.
    2- If this were hammer fired or gadget equipped I would have had feedback instantly.

This has never happened to me and it did not dry fire since I was paying attention. But shit just happens. This was after I pulled the gun away to try and get pic.

Quote Originally Posted by Trukinjp13 View Post
    New p10c with the p30.

Hopefully getting her out tomorrow. Also testing the iphone tapatalk bs
    Look at you!!!

Welcome, brother!

Student
    Just over ~4000 rounds, was dry-firing when the rear sight of the Trijicon set I got at CZ Custom and had installed at the SGC was starting to drift with very little hand pressure. I ended up stripping the set screw when trying to re-center, blue Loctite and tighten. Boy is it stuck good. Debating if it's worth asking one of the machinists at work to extract (it's a #5-40 x 3/16) and perhaps re-tap, or if I'd be better off just getting some Dawsons from Cajun Gun Works since I think those are staked in.

There have been five or six slidelock reloads over the course of the entire round count where the first live round from the fresh mag doesn't feed and ends up stovepiping. I don't know if it's due to the auto-forwarding not being as helpful as I thought, the magazine springs wearing out, my own bad technique, or what.

This was my only semi-auto carry option while I'm still waiting for another Wing Claw 2.5 to arrive for my G45, so I ended up having to pull the old J-frame out of the safe and run off to the LGS for a marked-up Galco, speed strips and Gold Dots since I've long since given up pocket carry and the only .38 ammo I had left were the old Hornady HPs I had in the gun. Not the most terrible situation and actually a little bit nostalgic.

Quote Originally Posted by Yung View Post
    Just over ~4000 rounds, was dry-firing when the rear sight of the Trijicon set I got at CZ Custom and had installed at the SGC was starting to drift with very little hand pressure. I ended up stripping the set screw when trying to re-center, blue Loctite and tighten. Boy is it stuck good. Debating if it's worth asking one of the machinists at work to extract (it's a #5-40 x 3/16) and perhaps re-tap, or if I'd be better off just getting some Dawsons from Cajun Gun Works since I think those are staked in.

There have been five or six slidelock reloads over the course of the entire round count where the first live round from the fresh mag doesn't feed and ends up stovepiping. I don't know if it's due to the auto-forwarding not being as helpful as I thought, the magazine springs wearing out, my own bad technique, or what.

This was my only semi-auto carry option while I'm still waiting for another Wing Claw 2.5 to arrive for my G45, so I ended up having to pull the old J-frame out of the safe and run off to the LGS for a marked-up Galco, speed strips and Gold Dots since I've long since given up pocket carry and the only .38 ammo I had left were the old Hornady HPs I had in the gun. Not the most terrible situation and actually a little bit nostalgic.
    There is a company called Night Fision (Dearborn, MI) that makes superb sights for the P-10C. Are they better than Dawson Precision Sights?

To me, yes.

Check them out.

User Tag List