Page 55 of 59 FirstFirst ... 5455354555657 ... LastLast

Thread: New CZ P10C released Thanksgiving 2016

We have two and they have replaced my two gen. G19’s for edc. The triggers are better, they are more accurate, are utterly reliable with everything we’ve shot in them, and have given us none of the issues we had with the 19’s. Other than new sights we had installed down in Phoenix by CZ Custom, they are stock. My 19’s had grip plugs, (-) connectors, and Robar undercut the trigger guards, and steel night sights. My speed and accuracy have increased considerably since I went to the P10c. My wife says the same thing.

I really like the ergonomics and the ability to easily clean the magazines. Truthfully, I’m not sure why more people don’t try them.

I could grab a P10c, P07,or M&P 2.0 fs or Compact, and never look back. These CZ’s and S&W’s are the best shooting polymer guns I’ve used to date and interestingly, I can move back and forth between them seemlessly, something I could not do as easily when I carried Glocks — but like all things, YMMV. (I should add that our 2.0’s have thumb safeties, and I changed my P07 over to cocked and locked carry.)
    Last edited by RichY; 05-27-2018 at 12:32 AM.

I have two of these; got the first one a year ago, the second a few months later. They both have CZ Custom F/O front, black rear sights. Since I’ve been shooting hammer guns mostly over the past year, I don’t have a ton of rounds through them, around 4000 for the first, half that for the second. No malfunctions. I still like them better than Glocks due to the improved (for me) grip angle; they point perfectly for me. Reloading is measurably faster than Glocks. The P-10’s are more accurate than Glocks. While the slide stops and mag releases were pretty stiff initially, they were fine after a few hundred rounds. Likewise, the very good out of the box triggers improved with shooting. If CZ ever produces a full-size P-10, I’ll be all over it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    It just makes it more challenging (complicated and expensive) to do what I want to do.
    I'd pay for it, though.

The pistol is so much more shootable (for many) than any other polymer, striker-fired pistol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Mjolnir View Post
    I'd pay for it, though.

The pistol is so much more shootable (for many) than any other polymer, striker-fired pistol.

Same here. I’d pay more for it.

CZ, for sure, understands how to make a “shooter’s gun.” That said, brand loyalty aside, the differences between a P10, VP9 and PPQ would seem to fit on the head of a pin.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    Except the P10C has a partially tensioned striker and is designed such that trigger motion is required for the striker to be released, where as the VP9 and PPQ do not -- not that anyone particularly cares.
    [emoji482]

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    CZ, for sure, understands how to make a “shooter’s gun.” That said, brand loyalty aside, the differences between a P10, VP9 and PPQ would seem to fit on the head of a pin.
    When you hold and shoot them there is enough difference that I prefer my CZ over my VP. And that's heresy around these parts. [emoji854]

Quote Originally Posted by SteveB View Post
    I have two of these; ...I still like them better than Glocks due to the improved (for me) grip angle; they point perfectly for me.
    How is the Grip girth and trigger reach compared with a (Gen 4) Glock? Still haven't seen one of these locally. I think I may have to track down a gun show to actually hold one.

Apologies if this question has already been addressed elsewhere.
    You will more often be attacked for what others think you believe than what you actually believe. Expect misrepresentation, misunderstanding, and projection as the modern normal default setting. ~ Quintus Curtius

Quote Originally Posted by Mjolnir View Post
    When you hold and shoot them there is enough difference that I prefer my CZ over my VP. And that's heresy around these parts. [emoji854]

I have to agree. I have NO brand loyalty these days. We've owned all three and the VP9 and PPQ are now gone, but neither of us have any desire to dump the P10C's. All three makes/models are accurate, durable, and reliable. The difference in our hands is more than would fit on the head of a pin. Everyone has different hands and eyes and body build, and those differences may come into play far more than we want to think about it, but I can seat fully loaded magazines easier in the P10c than the PPQ. I'm pretty sure I cracked or broke a bone in my right metatarsals learning that about the PPQ. It took a year and a half for that pain to subside. I could never get the variety of grip panels to ever truly fit my hand on the VP9, nor could my wife, and our hands are totally different in size. While all three are inherently accurate, at speed I am faster with the P10c. I hate the term "shoots flat" in regards to recoil that is upward (muzzle flip), as I equate "shoots flat" with trajectory (age difference I guess.). For sake of not wanting to start a fight, and refusing to join one it it does start, I'll just say that I can control the muzzle better at speed on the P10c. I can control it a even better with an M&P 2.0 full size and Compact. Both of us weight lift and do a number of exercises that strengthen our grip, etc., so that is NOT a factor.

When I held one, in the store, I wasn't crazy about it. Had what I would call a "rushed" feel. Like they threw it together just to get their hat in the ring. Then I borrowed one. I got to side by side it with the gun I actually chose (only planned on buying one) the 2.0C.

Here's where it gets a little weird - during up take, on the P10c, there seems to be mass in motion. You can feel stuff, above and slightly in front of the trigger assembly, move. My wife has (what I call) very little experience with pistols but after I told her what to look for, even she could feel it. It is weird and not present on the 2.0c. Overall, the gun does not have to same "solid" feel the 2.0c does. It feels lighter and just not as "gun like" if that makes sense (metal frame hammer fired guys might understand what I am trying to say)

But the proof is in the pew pew and I did not just dry fire it at bad guys on tv, I ran that horse. OMG what a shooter. My sample had custom sights (black rear, fiber front) and Talon grip tape, but was otherwise stock. Between the AMAZING trigger (you do not notice the "mass in motion" when live firing) and the down right glove like ergos, placing shots on target was easy and absolutely enjoyable.

Unlike my 2.0c, the slide stop on the right side can actually be depressed (dropping the slide) without a little victory dance, afterwards, for just proving how strong your thumb is.

Didn't feed it much, ran about 70 rounds through it and gave it back but I have a feeling one is in my near future. All BS aside, the pistol IS what it is cracked up to be
    "Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of liberty" ~ Thomas Jefferson

User Tag List