Page 53 of 59 FirstFirst ... 3435152535455 ... LastLast

Thread: New CZ P10C released Thanksgiving 2016

Stuff like this is why some of these youtube channels are valid. I know a lot of guys get flak for content. But it is a voice that can be heard and seen. Sometimes we find stuff out that we never personally would have thought of. Or defects are discovered and voiced that spreads like wildfire across the internet.

A lot of people responded to the p320 video and the p-10c the same way. “This is shit you should have sent it to the manufacturer before the video was released” kind of statement. I agree with it should go to the manufacturer. But I also love that it was shown first. It forces their hand. They can not just sweep it under a rug. Millions of people watched it happen. Money ends up being lost. So they actually address the problem. May not be the correct way. But at least we are made aware of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Trukinjp13 View Post
    Stuff like this is why some of these youtube channels are valid. I know a lot of guys get flak for content. But it is a voice that can be heard and seen. Sometimes we find stuff out that we never personally would have thought of. Or defects are discovered and voiced that spreads like wildfire across the internet.

A lot of people responded to the p320 video and the p-10c the same way. “This is shit you should have sent it to the manufacturer before the video was released” kind of statement. I agree with it should go to the manufacturer. But I also love that it was shown first. It forces their hand. They can not just sweep it under a rug. Millions of people watched it happen. Money ends up being lost. So they actually address the problem. May not be the correct way. But at least we are made aware of it.

All too often this is what has to happen before a manfacturer takes these issues seriously, If this forces someone at CZ to get off their ass and do something, all the better. I'm going to wait and see what CZ does about this..if they fix it, great. If they try to sweep it under the rug, my P-10 will be sold, and that's it for me...

Quote Originally Posted by ralph View Post
    All too often this is what has to happen before a manfacturer takes these issues seriously, If this forces someone at CZ to get off their ass and do something, all the better. I'm going to wait and see what CZ does about this..if they fix it, great. If they try to sweep it under the rug, my P-10 will be sold, and that's it for me...
    May be wishful thinking. But I think cz will fix this. They build very good shit and try to please their buyers. This is a fixable thing also. Unlike the p320 debacle. They should not have to revamp half the system.

May be wishful thinking. But I think cz will fix this. They build very good shit and try to please their buyers. This is a fixable thing also. Unlike the p320 debacle. They should not have to revamp half the system.

I agree. At the most, it looks to me like they'll have to change the backplate on the slide, and the plastic sleeve on the striker, and design then to interlock with each other to stop the sleeve/striker from rotating..Should be fairly easy to do.. Compaired to Sig's mess, this is a oversight, at best.. But the ball's in CZ's court..they can do the right thing, and get ahead of this issue now, or they can pull a Sig...I'll be watching..
    Last edited by ralph; 10-20-2017 at 10:00 AM.

It's the squeaky wheel phenomenon. Hundreds, thousands, millions amplifying that squeak into a roar. Corporate coverups are more difficult in this viral information age. If a weapon can fire by any other means than activating the manual firing mechanism then there is a problem. Same with a weapon disabling itself. Regardless of whether these issues are 'rare' awareness is paramount. The more who know the more independent testing and the more exposure. Shit happens with intricate designs. "Talk to the manufacturer about it" is a necessity. "Shut up and talk to the manufacturer about it" is ridiculous.
    You will more often be attacked for what others think you believe than what you actually believe. Expect misrepresentation, misunderstanding, and projection as the modern normal default setting. ~ Quintus Curtius

Much ado about nothing? This thread reads like some have a dog in this fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Chef View Post
    Much ado about nothing? This thread reads like some have a dog in this fight.

One has to consider the source... Over at the CZ forum, there has been alot of denial over this, but, this morning I checked over there and someone posted that his P-10 did this 5 times in 200 rnds, it's now at CZUSA.. Needless to say I think that post got alot of peoples attention... I think we're going to find out that this is a real issue that got over looked in the rush to get the P-10 out.. A common mistake. Luckily, I think this can be easily fixed.

Tom, is this happening fairly often to this pistol?
    I'm thinking it's all well and good if it's easily cleared but it's not a good thing for it to happen in the 1st place and could have ppl in serious trouble if they're defending their life. Should be fixed by CZ.

Hi Risk Customer Services
    I recently purchased a P-10C through the CZ LEO program. However, I recently ended up selling the gun. Here was my experience with it...

I first became interested in the gun when I read Lane from Cold Bore's early reviews in which he stated that the pistol needed ZERO polymer modification from the factory. Then when I saw that the grip length was between a Glock 17 and a Glock 19, I knew it was only a matter of time before I would buy one. I have had a love/hate relationship with the Glock 19 for many years. My main gripe is simply that the grip is too short for my XXL hands from the factory to work comfortably without extensive modification.

Two coworkers of mine and I signed up for the CZ LEO program and got our customer appreciation packages. One actually went ahead and ordered a P-10C first and I decided to let him be the guinea pig. When his arrived, he brought it in for show and tell and I was able to dry fire it. I was blown away by the ergonomics and the trigger characteristics. His sample had a good trigger out of the box that was on par with any Glock factory new trigger I had ever expected. At this point I got all fired up, I ordered my P-10C and it was delivered to my FFL within a couple weeks. I can't say enough good things about CZ LEO pricing and service. I was so amped that I decided I wanted to try more of their offerings and picked up a used P-09 from the classifieds section. Striker guns have been my work and training guns for some time now, but I have always had a fondness for hammer fired pistols.

Both guns were delivered to my FFL at the same time. I unboxed the P-09 first, which has CGW parts, and was borderline giddy I liked the gun so much. The P-10C was just as ergonomic as I remembered and my particular trigger felt substantially crisper than my coworker's. I was very excited.

Attachment 21043
    P-10C next to my trusty Gen 3 Glock 17 EDC

The aggressiveness of the P10 slide serrations were a welcome feature to me, but granted I have very large and generally rough hands. The undercut trigger guard and aggressive frontstrap and backstrap checkering allowed me to get and extremely high and comfortable grip without the worry of "Glock Knuckle". I dry fired the gun daily for a while and then finally managed to get to an open range day with it.

Name:  IMG-2376 (1).jpg
Views: 1044
Size:  101.7 KB
    First range outing. This was 30 rounds at 10 yards, rapid fire, with a mag change in the middle. I had only fired one magazine through the gun prior to this target. I was very impressed with how easy it was to get accuracy out of this gun on demand, even with cheap 115 grain practice ammo. Recoil was snappy compared to a Glock, but not noticeable in my hands. After the range session I purchased a Safriland 7TS OWB holster and some CZ Custom shop night sights.

Fast forward to this week and I sold the gun to a coworker. I came to a realization that the gun was nice, but did not do anything earth shattering. I work for a an agency that issues Glocks (and likely always will), I am being sent to Glock armorer school this year, we have a ton of Glock sim-guns, I have a ton of Glock support gear parts and magazines, the gun I take to training is a Glock. It is a Glock world and I live in it and in top of that, I like my hammer guns as extra practice/passion guns. I made the choice to sell the P-10C and will most likely be sticking with Glocks for striker guns. I love my P-09 and will have some P-07's soon as enthusiast guns along with my wheelguns. As a side note, at my last range session with my P-09 I took it back to 100 yards and was able to get consistent torso hits.

I think the P-10C is an excellent option for someone starting out or who may not be heavily invested in a platform. It does just about everything right, but that does not mean it is the right answer for everyone. You can see CZ's passion built into this gun. In college I went to the Czech Republic on vacation. The people I talked to there were fiercely proud of the guns they built. I think the Omega/P series guns are a direct reflection of that and a sign of things to come from the company.

*I have no idea why my pictures rotated. 'sumbitch...
    Last edited by Whiskey_Bravo; 10-21-2017 at 06:29 PM.

Name:  26165320_10155093442976516_2250544833334137608_n.jpg
Views: 847
Size:  32.7 KB

Possible P10 subcompact and full size guns coming at SHOT show 2018 according to some rumors. Looks like Photoshop from looking into it but hopefully it is legit for those that want smaller and larger versions.

User Tag List