Page 36 of 59 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast

Thread: New CZ P10C released Thanksgiving 2016

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Couldn't help it, shot the CZ more today. Reached 1,000 rounds, zero issues to date. Have the small backstrap back on.

The OEM sights are tight, and hit a little low for me -- need to change them.
    What do you think of it compared to a G19? Mainly shootability wise.
    Shoot more, post less...

Quote Originally Posted by MSparks909 View Post
    What do you think of it compared to a G19? Mainly shootability wise.
    Similar accuracy. CZ points more naturally for me. CZ magazines insert easier, due to their taper. I have been hampered by lack of a proper holster for the CZ, so I haven't fully assessed how it draws compared to the 19. Like the CZ trigger out of the box better. Like the Glock mag release and slide stop better. Like how CZ lengthened the grip to cover rear of magazine avoiding pinching, giving you a full firing grip, and really adding little practical length. Like the trigger guard better on CZ as I can lay my trigger finger straight against the frame and come down on the trigger without hitting the tip of my finger, like I do on the Glock.
    Last edited by GJM; 07-25-2017 at 12:39 AM. Reason: Got confused and thought you were asking about PX4C
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Although I rarely do any 25 yard shooting, I'm quite curious as to the accuracy potential of the P10C.
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Although I rarely do any 25 yard shooting, I'm quite curious as to the accuracy potential of the P10C.
    I'm picking mine up on Thursday. Let's break it in at Elite.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

I covered this a few pages back. Shoots 115, 124 and 147 well with similar POI. I have been seeing 2-3 inches at 25, but that is offhand with the factory sights. I suspect it is a two inch pistol.

Quote Originally Posted by TYR View Post
    I'm picking mine up on Thursday. Let's break it in at Elite.
    #RESIST

See post #259. 1 5/8" off a rest.

P10C range update number 2. I just got back from shooting 650 rounds through the P10 for a total of 1150 towards the 2000 round challenge. Actually 1149 as I had 1 round that I didn't shoot due to a defect and the only stoppage so far.

Here is the reason for the stoppage. Round got the lip crushed and didn't allow the slid to go into battery.

Attachment 18413

This was the 8th round I fired today and I was thinking it may be an omen to a bad day but it was not.

I started on steel at 12 yards firing strings as fast as I could get hits or about .4-.5 splits. I kept this up for 300 rounds using Federal American Eagle 115 gr in 100 economy boxes. I switched to shoot my new Beretta APX(more on that in the APX thread) and give my hands a break. Somewhere around 300 rounds through the P10C and 100-150 through the APX I noticed a blister on my support hand thumb.

Attachment 18414

I don't know if it is due to the P10C or APX but the APX shoot like a .22 and isn't that aggressive in grip texture but does have the dis-assembly lever on the left that has an edge but it isn't sharp to the touch so I don't know. I kept shooting with my baby soft hands and shot another 200 rounds through the P10C. Then I switched to a 25 yard paper target for some accuracy stuff.

I shot the Blazer Brass 115 gr and 124 grain(edit to my original range report as I said it was all 115 gr Blazer brass but it was likely mix of 115 and 124 gr Blazer Brass as my supply was mixed and I didn't realize it until today) I also shot 115 gr Hornady XTP and 135 +P defensive ammo. Last I shot the 115 gr American Eagle Federal stuff.

All groups were slightly high and to the right but consistent. I have a vision issue I have been trying to figure out how best to handle so I switch between using prescription glasses with 1.25 RX in upper lens of SSP glasses and no RX standard shooting glasses. I also suck at longer ranges and tight accuracy so take the group sizes with a huge grain of salt. My best and worst group with each below at 25 yards.

American Eagle 115 3 3/4" best 6 3/4" worst of 3 5 shot groups.
    Blazer brass 115 2 1/2 best 5 1/4" worst
    Blazer Brass 124 2 3/4 best 4 3/4 worst
    Hornady XTP 115 gr HP 2 1/2" best and 4 3/4" worst
    Hornady XTP 135gr +P 3" best 3 1/2" worst

I'll try again with my regular reading glasses but my best groups were without RX lens glasses so maybe that is my current best I can do.

Attachment 18419

I went back to shooting steel at 10 yards for the rest of the rounds I had except just over 100 rounds of American Eagle. I then loaded up 10 rounds in each mag of the P10C, APX and my Gen 4 Glock 19 to shoot back to back on 10 yard steel. First up was 10 rounds from each as fast as I could get hits. Then again with second mag. I loaded again and did 5 double taps from each twice and lastly 5 rounds as fast as I could pull the trigger attempting to get hits. In comparison between the Glock 19 and P10C I found the P10 to bite more in the grip texture. This meant less comfort but also less movement of the gun and I didn't feel I had to grip it as hard as the Glock. My hand was also tender from the previous 500+ rounds shot today. Control was about equal between the 2 with the Glock shooting just as flat with less feel like it wanted to rise at the muzzle but the P10 seemed just as flat shooting but more control coming from the grip biting into the hand preventing muzzle rise than the Glock's backwards recoil into the hand. If that makes any sense.

I planned to do some FAST drills between the guns to compare but planned poorly as I had left my timer on and had a dead battery and no spare. so that will be for next range session. More on the APX in how it compared in the APX thread.
    Last edited by octagon; 07-25-2017 at 02:16 PM. Reason: Add ammo info

I ran across this in my recommended videos list on You Tube. For those interested or looking for lights,sights,red dots and guide rod options there are some options.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4CP7aHnD-98

I am plenty happy with mine out of the box except for maybe more cleaner or simpler sights.

Just shot 100 rounds in the rain, bringing me to 1,100 since new. This is what 115 PMC looks like at 50 yards. You need to hold top of the plate.

Name:  IMG_2567.jpg
Views: 600
Size:  72.5 KB

User Tag List