Thread: MagGuts for MP Shield

MagGuts for MP Shield

Anybody have feedback on MagGuts for M&P Shield? They add +1 with a spring and follower or +2 with base pad in addition to the spring. Saw an older thread, but there weren't any use reports. Thanks in advance.

http://magguts.com/shop/smith-wesson...-wesson-shield

Site Supporter
    Was wondering this myself, but figured its not worth the stress re: reliability unless somebody else beta tests it for me.

I can personally vouch for mag guts. Have one for my 9mm shield along with a Hyve extended badeplate and wolff +5% mag spring. Been running this set up in IDPA BUG for about 6-8 matches.

So far, zero issues. Granted BUG is only 6 rounds. I have had no issues with feeding reliably. During practice sessions with, a fully loaded Shield 9mm with Hyve baseplates and mag guts allows me to have 11 rounds +1 in the chamber. About 300 rounds through this fully loaded set up with no issues.

Be sure to get extra power springs for cheap insurance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by aboveandbeyond View Post
    I can personally vouch for mag guts. Have one for my 9mm shield along with a Hyve extended badeplate and wolff +5% mag spring. Been running this set up in IDPA BUG for about 6-8 matches.

So far, zero issues. Granted BUG is only 6 rounds. I have had no issues with feeding reliably. During practice sessions with, a fully loaded Shield 9mm with Hyve baseplates and mag guts allows me to have 11 rounds +1 in the chamber. About 300 rounds through this fully loaded set up with no issues.

So you aren't using the MagGuts spring and follower?

I've used the +1 S&W versions in both 9mm and .380 with no issues

Quote Originally Posted by scsu74 View Post
    So you aren't using the MagGuts spring and follower?
    I didn't. I wasn't sure the "Zee Spring" was compatible nor provided additional power.

May have to try the mag guts spring to confirm.

Quote Originally Posted by aboveandbeyond View Post

You mention using magguts, but then later say you don't? What combo of follower, spring, and baseplate are you using to achive th 11+1?

User Tag List