Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Carts?

Site Supporter

Carts?

Ideas and sources for an easy cart to drag around a carbine and maybe a shotgun, plus ammo for matches. I see things which are quite expensive.

Thanks.

Site Supporter
    A lot of folks around here are using jogging strollers with clamp-on ATV gun racks mounted to hold the long guns. Range bag, ammo can, and cooler goes where the baby would and you can get them for dirt cheap at second hand stores, Craigslist or on the baby buy/sell/trade Facebook groups. $50 for the stroller, $20-40 for the racks and you're in business for a fraction of the cost of the 3-gun specific carts (which are mostly the same thing).
    Last edited by ragnar_d; 11-11-2016 at 11:47 AM. Reason: Typos

Second the idea to craigslist a baby stroller and modify that thing for WAR.
    Last edited by Peally; 11-11-2016 at 11:50 AM.
    Semper Gumby, Always Flexible

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Peally View Post
    Second the idea to craigslist a baby stroller and modify that thing for WAR.
    Witness me - shiny and chrome !

Name:  IMG_0833.jpg
Views: 365
Size:  101.2 KB

Site Supporter
    I think that Greg at Cedar Ridge wouldn't like that on the range.

I saw a cart - like a red wagon but foldable at Academy for $40. A friend has one at the Cedar Ridge matches. I might check that out.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    I think that Greg at Cedar Ridge wouldn't like that on the range.

I saw a cart - like a red wagon but foldable at Academy for $40. A friend has one at the Cedar Ridge matches. I might check that out.
    Those work well too as long as you install little racks for holding the long guns.
    Semper Gumby, Always Flexible

From my limited experience the tires are the most important part of the cart - everything else can be worked around.
    When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk. -Tuco
    Today is victory over yourself of yesterday... -Miyamoto Musashi

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by guymontag View Post
    From my limited experience the tires are the most important part of the cart - everything else can be worked around.
    I'd agree with that from what I've seen, there are two types of carts that do well. The jogging stroller with the larger bicycle type tires or the all terrain garden carts.

Unrelated, I found some pictures of a more extensive setup that one of the guys I shot with in Florida used for USPSA & 3-Gun Matches.

Name:  DSCN4496.jpg
Views: 374
Size:  99.9 KB

Name:  DSCN4495.jpg
Views: 329
Size:  102.0 KB

Name:  DSCN4494.jpg
Views: 317
Size:  58.4 KB

Carts were my passion for a while. I ended up converting a double baby, baby jogger. My cart and research are at http://www.parmarng.org/freeidaho . On the left hand side of the second screen select "3-gun cart" near the bottom.

I hope this helps!

User Tag List