Thread: 124 GRn +p vs standard Velocity 124grn HST

124 GRn +p vs standard Velocity 124grn HST

My trusted Speer Gold dot 124 +p are getting hard to find. That being said after research I went around town looking for 147grn HST or more speer gold dot. Neither to be had. I did find a store that had ample stock of 124grn HST "standard Velocity". I did not find that on Doc's approved list. What is the consensus among those alot smarter than myself on this topic. My carry guns are all glock 19's.

Thanks Steve
    Last edited by Steve m; 11-10-2016 at 02:26 PM.

I believe that Federal HST 124gr JHP "standard velocity IS on one of doc's follow-up lists".

In my G26, it's what I choose in preference to HST 125gr+P.
    (Available gelatin data seems to indicate equivalent performance for both loads too, FWIW.)
    "Therefore, since the world has still... Much good, but much less good than ill,
    And while the sun and moon endure, Luck's a chance, but trouble's sure,
    I'd face it as a wise man would, And train for ill and not for good." -- A.E. Housman

Check out the "Does +P matter?" thread. I basically posed the same question about the same ammo.

Both 124 gr HST and GD work adequately, just not quite as good as the +P version.
    Facts matter...Feelings Can Lie

bonefroggunclub.com just got in some 124 +P HST.
    Last edited by Prdator; 11-10-2016 at 06:12 PM.
    Founder Of Keepers Concealment and Lead trainer. Affiliate of CCW Safe, Use discount code ( KC10off )Sign up here https://ccwsafe.com/ref/B65241653

You try www.sgammo.com?

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Target Sports USA is back in stock with the free shipping on $400 cases of 147gr HST.

Quote Originally Posted by DocGKR View Post
    Both 124 gr HST and GD work adequately, just not quite as good as the +P version.
    Speaking of gold dots DocGKR any word on the G2? did they get the bugs worked out of them in 9mm ? I just picked up a box from stretchers and was hoping this boxed will perform better than the first batch? I bought a box when it first came out? Those failed to expand through clear gel and passed the entire block...

User Tag List