Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: If You Would Like to Gloat About Donald Trump Winning, This is the Thread

Site Supporter
    Leftism was defeated for the moment, and that is what makes me happy. Leftism is a moral cancer that destroys everything it touches. The Republicans are too often wimpy and too often want more government than is needed, but they are so far from the destructiveness of leftism that it is not even comparable. Ahora Estoy feliz que senor Trump gano la eleccion! Para celebrar, voy a la frontera en Tejas y voy a comer comida auntentico por eso lugar y voy a caminata las montanas de Tejas!

No puedo usar acentos aqui!

Ok, I am back to mostly normal now.

Quote Originally Posted by Palmguy View Post
    I wasn't a Trump supporter, and thought he had zero chance to win, but I hope he is successful. I was ecstatic to see Hillary go down. I'm embarrassed by my stupid ass generation that is comprised of a bunch of petulant toddlers.

This is pretty great:

Obvious 'shop is obvious...
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

Not my gloating, but this is a scream. I wish I had the time & impetus for it.

http://www.theamericanmirror.com/pho...p-celebrities/
    "If I ever needed to hunt in a tuxedo, then this would be the rifle I'd take." - okie john

"Not being able to govern events, I govern myself." - Michel De Montaigne

There a quote that comes to mind. I can't for the life of me remember who said it, nor can I find it online. But it went something like this:

One day the most raving extremist among your most bitter enemies will hold the reins of power, and you'd better have instituted strong constitutional limits on that power before then.

I despair of the Democrats learning that clear lesson from this election, though. I also despair of the Republicans learning that lesson, let alone applying it while they have the chance...
    Last edited by MDS; 11-12-2016 at 11:38 AM.
    The answer, it seems to me, is wrath. The mind cannot foresee its own advance. --FA Hayek Specialization is for insects.

Quote Originally Posted by MDS View Post
    There a quote that comes to mind. I can't for the life of me remember who said it, nor can I find it online. But it went something like this:
    One day the most raving extremist among your most bitter enemies will hold the reins of power, and you'd better have instituted strong constitutional limits on that power before then.
    As The Gods of The Copybook Headings say, "Turnabout is fair play".

I despair of the Democrats learning that clear lesson from this election, though. I also despair of the Republicans learning that lesson, let alone applying it while they have the chance...
    Lots of progressives believe that demographics make a leftist one party state inevitable. Maybe, maybe not. Cultures change- the outsiders become the establishment, and a new set of outsiders rebels against that.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe in PNG View Post
    Lots of progressives believe that demographics make a leftist one party state inevitable. Maybe, maybe not. Cultures change- the outsiders become the establishment, and a new set of outsiders rebels against that.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

PJ O'Rourke. Can't remember where.

If you want to gloat, this is something to gloat about: Seething liberals vow revolution in Democratic Party

Quote Originally Posted by Wondering Beard View Post
    If you want to gloat, this is something to gloat about: Seething liberals vow revolution in Democratic Party
    Yep. Called it.

User Tag List