Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: National Concealed Carry legislation...

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Skeeter View Post
    The anti-gun folks look at any advance in their favor as a victory -- We should too.
    Exactly!

RoyGBiv -- PM me if you head to NY for a show, I might meet you there!
    Will do!
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post
    I'm looking forward to flying into LGA, JFK or EWR and toting around Bloombergville. Maybe take in a show.
    RoyGBiv -- PM me if you head to NY for a show, I might meet you there!
    A number of venues in NYC don't even allow LEOs to carry. I learned this the hard way, when I visited a venue that now conducts 100% mag and pat downs, when in the past they previously only did bag checks and offered LEOs the option to use a lockbox if they wanted. This resulted in a spirited walk to voucher at the nearest precinct before I missed the show. I don't imagine NYPD extends this courtesy to non-LEOs due to various reasons.

So, if carrying is a prerequisite to doing something that is on your bucket list, then it looks like you're still not coming here.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    A number of venues in NYC don't even allow LEOs to carry. I learned this the hard way, when I visited a venue that now conducts 100% mag and pat downs, when in the past they previously only did bag checks and offered LEOs the option to use a lockbox if they wanted. This resulted in a spirited walk to voucher at the nearest precinct before I missed the show. I don't imagine NYPD extends this courtesy to non-LEOs due to various reasons.

So, if carrying is a prerequisite to doing something that is on your bucket list, then it looks like you're still not coming here.
    Not surprised that this is more prevalent due to terrorism fears/prevention.
    I'd be satisfied with a leisurely lunch.

I lived in NYC until I left to college,so, I've done pretty much everything I've wanted to do there, except carry my gun with a smug "f-Bloomy" grin.

Can you ride the subway/LIRR/PATH without a pat-down?
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post
    Not surprised that this is more prevalent due to terrorism fears/prevention.
    I'd be satisfied with a leisurely lunch.

I lived in NYC until I left to college,so, I've done pretty much everything I've wanted to do there, except carry my gun with a smug "f-Bloomy" grin.

Can you ride the subway/LIRR/PATH without a pat-down?
    As far as I know there's just random searches with VIPR teams. The only time I ever take rail is when I go into the city on personal stuff....which is exceptionally infrequent, because I don't think there's anything enjoyable about a city with Medieval sanitation habits and the fact you're always walking through urine, vomit, or other sorts of waste on the sidewalk. I take the Northeast Corridor from Secaucus into Penn and usually walk from there. Otherwise I'm in the work car, so I sort of live under a rock when it comes to public transportation.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

I m really simple on this. If Texas has to recognize a gay Marriage license from Massachusetts, then Massachusetts should have to recognize my Texas concealed handgun license......no more, no less.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dagga Boy View Post
    I m really simple on this. If Texas has to recognize a gay Marriage license from Massachusetts, then Massachusetts should have to recognize my Texas concealed handgun license......no more, no less.
    Simple and wrong. There is no constitutional requirement for one state to honor another state's gun permit until either the Constitution is so amended or the Supreme Court says so.

Before somebody brings it up: States have agreed, among themselves, to honor driving licenses from other states. (But if State X says you can't drive alone until you're 17 and State Y says 15, a State Y license isn't valid in State X until the driver is 17.) As far as I know, Congress had nothing to do with that.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    Simple and wrong. There is no constitutional requirement for one state to honor another state's gun permit until either the Constitution is so amended or the Supreme Court says so.

Before somebody brings it up: States have agreed, among themselves, to honor driving licenses from other states. (But if State X says you can't drive alone until you're 17 and State Y says 15, a State Y license isn't valid in State X until the driver is 17.) As far as I know, Congress had nothing to do with that.
    The Supreme Court made gay marriage a constitutionally protected right.......kind of like Amendment number 2. As long as States carry laws are not deemed contrary to the 2nd Amendment....right up to "Constitutional Carry" shouldn't other states have to accept that? Driving is a privilege that is not Constitionally protected, and is a different animal all together.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Seems like the Full Faith and Credit clause should get more attention in this regard. I'm not a legal professional so I don't pretend to know the full details of how the clause works, and I know Congressional input is included in it. But then again, complaining that the Constitution isn't being honored properly seems like screaming into the wind on so many issues. So whatever, I guess.

I'd love for this to pass, although I'm not going to hold my breath. If it comes to pass, it's unlikely that I would spend $$ in liberal shithole states that dont want me or my "kind" around. Why support assholes who use that $$ to further restrict the rights of citizens. Fuck them.

Quote Originally Posted by TAZ View Post
    I'd love for this to pass, although I'm not going to hold my breath. If it comes to pass, it's unlikely that I would spend $$ in liberal shithole states that dont want me or my "kind" around. Why support assholes who use that $$ to further restrict the rights of citizens. Fuck them.
    If CA and IL accepted my CCW overnight I still wouldn't spend a single cent in those states. They need some massive changes before I'll be comfortable even traveling through them. I'd much rather they pass a law that Chicago breaks off as an island in lake Michigan, or a giant bridge is built over the city from Wisconsin to Indiana.
    Semper Gumby, Always Flexible

User Tag List