Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: National Concealed Carry legislation...

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    My expectation is that anti states will use preemption laws and every means possible to avoid the implementation. SCOTUS denial to hear Friedman vs Highland Park left the door open for localities to regulate gun ownership, and I think that will be used too. I don't think that the bill passage, if that happens at all, will be a de facto and final implementation of reciprocity.
    States cannot preempt federal law. The Supremacy Clause is a one way street.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Drang View Post
    If the Port Authority of New York and New jersey can continue to get away with blatant violations of FOPA, I see no reason to believe otherwise.

Define "get away." FOPA still protects the individuals from prosecution, the Third Circuit has just decided that Congress had no intent to create a cause of action where local law enforcement violates FOPA>

Quote Originally Posted by joshs View Post
    Define "get away."
    "Get away with" as in "Continue to pro/persecute travelers with firearms."
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Quote Originally Posted by Shellback View Post
    I say bring it.

Article in the Washington Post today on the subject.
    That article is dated September 18, and the position paper it references is the one linked several times previously in this thread.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Drang View Post
    "Get away with" as in "Continue to pro/persecute travelers with firearms."
    Well, they don't actually prosecute travelers who comply with FOPA. When the cases are referred for prosecution, the charges are dropped because even New York and New Jersey courts still apply FOPA as a bar to criminal prosecution.

Well, they don't actually prosecute travelers who comply with FOPA. When the cases are referred for prosecution, the charges are dropped because even New York and New Jersey courts still apply FOPA as a bar to criminal prosecution.
    "Hey honey, let's take the kids to the 9/11 Memorial this year. Oh, take this too- it's a number to call when I get arrested at the gate for bringing the Glock. We'll be flying out on a weekday so when I see the judge I don't spend the entire weekend at Essex county Jail.

Oh but don't worry, they'll SOOO drop the charges . Don't give me that look, the FOPA and the law totally back us....honey? I'm not sleeping on the couch right?!"
    The Minority Marksman.
    "When you meet a swordsman, draw your sword: Do not recite poetry to one who is not a poet."
    -a Ch'an Buddhist axiom.

Thus all the threads here and elsewhere about "What do I do if I get stranded overnight at JFK, LGA, or EWR...?"
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    That article is dated September 18, and the position paper it references is the one linked several times previously in this thread.
    Whoops!

Legislation introduced

On the first day of the 115th Congress, Representative Richard Hudson (R-NC) introduced national concealed carry reciprocity legislation.
    http://blog.cheaperthandirt.com/day-...y-reciprocity/

And here's the opposing view from Mother Jones...
    http://www.motherjones.com/politics/...ed-carry-trump

Quote Originally Posted by Skeeter View Post
    Our side's article has better guns.

Sadly, Mother Jones may have us on holster selection.
    Last edited by Totem Polar; 01-14-2017 at 11:47 PM.

User Tag List