Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: National Concealed Carry legislation...

A national reciprocity law is the most likely to pass and easiest to write. Won't infringe on more conservative state's current laws. Whatever applies to you in your home state, applies to you wherever you are.

Did Representative Salmon's Hearing Protection Act die or still being considered. I don't think he ran for reelection. I would think that removing SBR's and suppressors from the NFA would not be too difficult.

Quote Originally Posted by Shellback View Post
    How are drivers license laws written?
    Cooperatively.

It's a non-starter as a model. The best path is not through legislation but through the courts. There are scenarios that would make SCOTUS up to 7-2 conservative in four years. That will be the time to bring a case -- a fairly non-originalist case, I have to admit -- that 'bear' means 'carry.'

Quote Originally Posted by JAD View Post
    Cooperatively.

It's a non-starter as a model. The best path is not through legislation but through the courts. There are scenarios that would make SCOTUS up to 7-2 conservative in four years. That will be the time to bring a case -- a fairly non-originalist case, I have to admit -- that 'bear' means 'carry.'
    Thanks. I really didn't know and was being lazy about researching it.

Don't just remove suppressors and SBRs from NFA, get rid of NFA in its entirety
    Last edited by t1tan; 11-09-2016 at 09:03 AM.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    I'd settle for making new happy guns legal subject to all the other NFA rules. Grabbers would still have the NFA barrier, but it would constitute a massive, one-time "taking" from all the collectors who have paid inflated prices for the stuff. People who hate gun people might have just enough tendency toward schadenfreude to let that happen.

Since Trump is intended to be the savior of conservative kind, it's time for him to deliver the goods.

The NFA has got to go. Period.
    SBR? AOW? Even rabidly anti gun Europe knows silencers aren't dangerous for crissakes.
    The categories don't make sense because it was a first generation AWB that got truncated at the last minute.

National reciprocity would have to be tied to Federal funding access . The anti states won't comply if it's not. Give them the same "consideration" they'd give us.

No mag restrictions either- whatever Joe Public can lawfully carry in their home state must be permitted elsewhere, no harassment or questions asked. Maybe citizens would start asking questions when a law abiding Texan walks through Madison Square Garden with a standard capacity Glock 17 even an NYPD officer can't carry.
    Last edited by GardoneVT; 11-09-2016 at 09:47 AM.
    The Minority Marksman.
    "When you meet a swordsman, draw your sword: Do not recite poetry to one who is not a poet."
    -a Ch'an Buddhist axiom.

Quote Originally Posted by SecondsCount View Post
    This is a post that I can get behind.
    Samesies

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    First off, don't put the cart before the horse.

1) Repeal reporting requirements for multiple handgun purchases.
    2) Remove the section of ACA that allows it to build a defacto database of gunowners.
    3) Cut funding and clean house to the ATF. Including the national firearms "trace" center.
    4) Move to make suppressors, SBRs, and SBSs 50-state legal and removed from the NFA registry
    5) Maybe - MAYBE you can get a case in front of SCOTUS that would rule Constitutional Carry. But don't count on Constitutional Carry being considered seriously by Congress.
    I would also like to see a Supreme Court decision affirming that the 2A protects the right to bear arms outside the home. Seems that this is a fundamental component for protecting the right after Trump is gone.

Get Trump to reverse a bunch of Executive Orders
    We wish to thank the United Network Command for Law and Enforcement, without whose assistance this program would not have been possible.

Site Supporter

User Tag List