Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ameriglo front .125 night sight with Defoors plain black rear sight?

Ameriglo front .125 night sight with Defoors plain black rear sight?

If anyone's using this combination on a Glock 19 or a pistol with a similar barrel length how do you like it?

I bought the Ameriglo Defoors plain black sights a few months ago. The thinner, .115, front sight gives me a better sight picture and has helped me shoot better but last week I was shooting in dim light at darker targets and it didn't work as well for me.

The standard defile flat rear is pretty good against the serrated all black flat thin sight. If you are looking for a night sight of that nature you should try the gt514 front with plain black rears.
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

I'm actually running this specific sight setup on my G19 right now. The sight picture is a bit tighter than what you're used to and I wish the rear was serrated, but it works well enough. Personally I'd get one of their serrated rears to go along with it. Personally, I find that I can shoot faster despite the tighter picture thanks to having something I can track easily on the front sight.

Im running the defoors with orange paint on the front sight on my 19

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    I use a .125 yellow Pro Glo front with a plain black .130 wide rear on a G17, and with a .150 rear on one of my 19s. I like the spacing on both and the yellow really stands out against the rear.

I have recently been trying out a Wilson/Vickers rear with a Dawson .125 fiber optic front. Mine hit about an inch above the blade at 15 yards and I think (I have not put myself on a timer recently) I am a little bit faster with this combo.
    Polite Professional

Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_man View Post
    The standard defile flat rear is pretty good against the serrated all black flat thin sight. If you are looking for a night sight of that nature you should try the gt514 front with plain black rears.
    QUESTION: Compared to the Glock Hackathorn sights How do you think they measure vs Defoor ( Does the Defoor aim at 6:00 ?)
    “There are no dangerous weapons; there are only dangerous men.”
    ― Robert A. Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Quote Originally Posted by Kennydale View Post
    QUESTION: Compared to the Glock Hackathorn sights How do you think they measure vs Defoor ( Does the Defoor aim at 6:00 ?)
    I've never tried the hacks, so I cannot tell you.

Depot POA is point of ledge, meaning you cut the target in half and the bullet should impact exactly st the center point, at 25 yards.
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

I used to run this set up on all my Glock 19s. I liked it a lot. POA/POI was the same as the standard Defoors. The white dot on the front really pops against the black rear.

I'm not sure if they are back in stock but the Spaulding sights are similar. They have a plain black serrated rear and what looks like a TCAP orange front.
    “If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

I run a T-cap front with a defoor rear on all my G-19's the combo works for me, I carry, train and compete with them. For me and my eyes I like the combo.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve m View Post
    I run a T-cap front with a defoor rear on all my G-19's the combo works for me, I carry, train and compete with them. For me and my eyes I like the combo.
    Same here. Shoots POI to tops of blades at 25 yds for me with 115gr. 147's require a 6 o'clock hold.:

Food Court Apprentice
    Semper Paratus certified AR15 armorer

User Tag List