Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Streamlight Rail Mount 1 and 2

@Dropkick - can the tail cap be switched with the bezel?
    Taking a break from social media.

Afaik, all yhe rail mountd use the same screw hole pattern as the scouts, so any mount should work. Once my HL X arrives, I'll confirm.

SLG is correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Unobtanium View Post
    Does anyone have any serious time abusing these WML's? I know Frank Proctor has beat the everloving shit out of a Protac 1L for the past couple of years. That doesn't mean a sample of 1 is all that great, or that these are the same as that, but it does make me take notice of the brand. Thoughts/experiences?
    Kyle Defoors afaik uses them exclusively on all of his rifles.

http://kyledefoor.tumblr.com/post/14...urses-standard

http://kyledefoor.tumblr.com/post/14...the-best-setup

Bill Blowers puts one up against some tests too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=STVUfpc1OjY

for what it's worth, I've carried a 1L for a good six months and it got beat to crap, dropped it a bunch of times, submerged it in water even more, washed it 1 or 2 times in the washing machine/dryer and it still functions. I have never used it on a rifle but it has some moisture still in the lens and is permanently stuck on the high lumen mode. I EDC a 1L-1AA now.

Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_man View Post
    Streamlight is good to go.

I'd suggest taking a look at Arisaka Defense as well, they make some seriously good light related stuff.
    +1 on this. I have their M300 and while I wish I got the M600 instead, it's a great light.

Quote Originally Posted by Dropkick View Post
    So I took a look at the mount, and it doesn't look like you can swap the knob side it with their provided hardware. If you can see the right angle on the left and the 45 angle on the right, there is no doing it.
    Thank you for taking the time to take that picture! It does unfortunately look like that knob might be seriously in the way if I were to try mounting it on the right hand side of the rifle. But it is much better to know it now and not after buying one of those lights and getting it shipped over and thru customs.

So, I am faced with a choice; either mount it on the left side and mount the pressure switch somehow to the top of the handguard, or find a different light. (Or a different mount, but Streamlight + shipping + customs fees + taxes + Scout mount + shipping + custom fees + taxes... Gets expensive when you add everything up. Might as well just buy a Surefire X300U locally at that point, probably.) If it weren't for my distrust of pressure switches the first option would actually sound pretty nice... I'll have to think some more about this.
    Last edited by That Guy; 03-03-2017 at 01:05 PM. Reason: tpyo

Quote Originally Posted by Tony1911 View Post
    mount the pressure switch somehow to the top of the handguard
    I made a setup for a buddies rifle to top mount a Surefire SR07 pressure switch onto a Magpul SL handguard using a heavily modified Magpul poly 11-slot rail section. He mounted the Scout light using a Magpul Cantilever on the ejection port side of the handguard. Works great. I don't have any pictures, but if you want, I could sketch out what I did.
    Last edited by texasaggie2005; 03-03-2017 at 01:46 PM.

So I have been searching for a good light to use on my hunting gun, a 12.5" 6.8 SBR. The primary use will be low/no light hog hunting outdoors. I'd like to be able to light up and easily ID out to 100 yards through my LPV

I have a SLR solo rail with a short rail section at 9 o'clock at the end of the rail. Would this Protac with a Gear Sector Scout mount work well and be a good choice?

Could I get away with the smaller one at 350 lumens or should I just get the bigger one?

Is there a wiser way to spend my $160ish given my needs? Seems like this Protac is a pretty good light for the dollars.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Crews View Post
    So I have been searching for a good light to use on my hunting gun, a 12.5" 6.8 SBR. The primary use will be low/no light hog hunting outdoors. I'd like to be able to light up and easily ID out to 100 yards through my LPV

I have a SLR solo rail with a short rail section at 9 o'clock at the end of the rail. Would this Protac with a Gear Sector Scout mount work well and be a good choice?

Could I get away with the smaller one at 350 lumens or should I just get the bigger one?

Is there a wiser way to spend my $160ish given my needs? Seems like this Protac is a pretty good light for the dollars.

I have the game specific light from streamlight. Green beam. Does not disturb most game, and is good for a couple hundred yards through my scope. Big bezel, but lightweight and very effective. Comes with a pressure switch as well.

http://www.streamlight.com/en/produc...1-game-spotter
    Last edited by SLG; 03-04-2017 at 01:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CCT125US View Post
    @Dropkick - can the tail cap be switched with the bezel?
    It does not appear to be possible.

I ordered a Protac 2 to try it out. Mounted up nice and solid in a Gear Sector scout mount. We'll see how it holds up, looks real solid!

User Tag List